3/6 - Half Day - 12:00 dismissal
3/20 - Half Day - 12:00 dismissal
Kennedy Report Card
Use the link below for the annual Kennedy Report Card
Future Tanner Night
Future Tanner Night for 8th grade students will be March 13th from 6-8 pm. More information will be coming out soon
Team request - 2024 - 2025 school year
In the near future we will begin the process of placing students on teams for the 2024-2025 school year. This letter will provide you with information on the process and criteria used to make placement decisions.
The placement process begins with each classroom teacher reviewing the students s/he presently has in class and then making recommendations for the coming year. These recommendations are based on academic performance, physical, emotional, and social maturity, motivation, strengths, weaknesses, attitudes, learning style and special needs. All of the teachers who currently teach each student, the administration, specialists, and special educators also have input into these recommendations.
When making such recommendations, teachers expend a great deal of time and effort to ensure that each child is provided with an optimal placement. Once we receive this information, the administration then places the children on Teams. The following are considered when placing students: teacher recommendations, gender balance, academic ability balance, special needs, maturity level, student personalities, recommended combinations of students, math ability (it is leveled for 7th & 8th grade), and parental input.
Placement of students for the 2024-2025 school year has not yet occurred, however we have already started to receive preferential requests from parents for placement on a particular Team for next year. Please understand that parental preferential placement requests will be honored only when the parent can document extraordinary circumstances of an educational nature.
If you wish to provide me with the specific information, which you believe is important regarding your child’s placement for the upcoming year, you must submit this information to me, in writing, prior to March 22, 2024. Information received after that time will be most difficult to include in the placement process.
Late to school
If you are dropping off your child you should drop them off between 7:55 & 8:00. All students need to be in their homerooms by the 8:05 bell. Any student not in their homeroom by the 8:05 bell is considered tardy. Please make every effort to get your child to school on time.
Below is an excerpt from the handbook regarding school tardiness
Students who are tardy more than twenty times during the school year may be excluded from school activities (talent show, eighth grade dance, field trips, etc)
The late bus has started up again. It runs on Tuesday and Thursday. The bus typically picks the students up at the school between 3:10 and 3:15. Please keep in mind that we have only one bus servicing the whole Kennedy district so we had to come up with some central bus stops. The following are the stops we will be using.
1. Nashua St/Holton St
2. Good Year School
3. Washington St./Washington Circle
4. Richard Circle/Russell Farm
5. Lowell St./Milyan St
6. Main St./School St
7. Main St./West Dexter
8. Avalon Apts
1. If you are dropping your child off in the morning please pull all the way to the end of the front parking lot so we don't back traffic up on Middle St.
2. Don't drop your child off before 7:30 as we don't have supervision before then
3. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to reach out - we want it to be a good year for not just the students but the parents as well
4. We have a very strict cell phone policy. I ask that you not text your child during the day as they are not allowed to use their phones. If you need to get a message to them please call the main office and we will get that message to them
5. Breakfast and lunch are free this year so please take advantage of that. The breakfast program runs every morning from 7:30 - 7:55
6. If your child is absent from school please call 781-937-8230 and leave a message on the attendance line
Absence from school
We are also looking for the following donations for our pantry
Mac and Cheese
Can goods---Ravioli's-Spaghetti O's, green beans, corn, carrots
Snack bags--popcorn, pretzels, chips etc
Health and Beauty Supplies
Deodorant--male and female brand