4-H Friday News Blast for 11.08.19
Time to enroll for 2020!
2020 Enrollment is Open!
Enrollment is now open for the 2020 program year! Club members, club leaders, project leaders, superintendents and independent members must re-enroll each year. Enrollment instructions are available to help you navigate the 4-H Online system. Be sure to check out the following resources:
Thanks to all who came to the 4-H Achievement Program and Party!
And KUDOS and congratulations to the newly elected and returning 4-H Council members for 2020.
Returning Adult Members:
New Adult Members:
Returning Youth Members:
New Youth Members:
Achievement Program Award Thank you Notes
We ask those who received awards to write them a thank you for their generous support. Send the thank you note to:
The Cass County Bankers Association
Attn: Brian McHugh
333 Nebraska Street
Murdock, NE 68407
Banks in the Cass County Bankers Association include:
The American Exchange Bank - Eagle,
The American Exchange Bank - Elmwood,
Cass County Bank - Plattsmouth,
Corn Growers State Bank - Murdock,
The Cornerstone Bank - Murray,
The First Nebraska Bank - Weeping Water,
The First State Bank Nebraska - Nehawka,
The Farmers and Merchants Bank - Weeping Water,
The Pinnacle Bank - Louisville, and
The Plattsmouth State Bank - Plattsmouth.
Note: If you would like to use a 4-H thank you card, we have them available for free at the Extension Office.
If you haven't done it yet, please cash your fair premium & livestock sale checks ASAP!
Senior Scholarship Applications
Take note: The 1st application is to the Extension Office by December 1st. It's the Martha and Don Romeo Scholarship. The NE Association of Fair Managers will award a $500 scholarship to one qualifying 4-H male and 4-H female who are graduating seniors in Nebraska and who plan to continue with post high school education.
Nebraska 4-H Club of the Month
Shooting Sports Instructors:
Please fill out your annual instructor report by November 22nd in order to maintain discipline certification. You should have received an email with a link to the reporting form. If you need the link again, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and she can forward you the link. Thank you for your assistance with this effort!
4-Hers who exhibited at the Nebraska State Fair, read this from the state office ...
The Nebraska 4-H Foundation has begun sending award checks to 4-H’ers who participated in the Nebraska State Fair. As a reminder, here is the process:
- Since the Nebraska State Fair, 4-H’ers have been sending the Foundation their “donor thank you” letters. The Foundation has mailed these thank you letters to the many donors who fund these awards.
- Once we have been given approval by the State 4-H Office, the Foundation sends award checks to the 4-H’ers who have completed their donor thank you letter. If a 4-H’er fails to send a thank you note to their donor, we will not send an award check to the 4-H’er.
- We will be processing hundreds of awards checks over the next three weeks. As you can imagine, It takes time to process this many award checks.
If you have questions or need additional information, don’t hesitate to call or email. We’re always glad to hear from you!
Nebraska 4-H Foundation
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
210 Mussehl Hall
Lincoln, NE 68583-0719
Save the Dates: State 4-H Events
Save the Dates: State 4-H Events
As you are planning and preparing for a new 4-H year, be sure to save the following dates of state-level events and opportunities:
· Horse Stampede - March 28
· Companion Animal Challenge - March 28
· PASE & Life Challenge - June 22-23
· State Horse Expo - July 12-16
Equine - New Horsemanship Advancement Level Workshops
New Horsemanship Advancement Level Workshops
4-H Adult/Leader Workshop
March 8, 2020
Topics include advanced riding maneuvers, feed charts, nutrition, first aid, and much more! Register by February 24 for the discounted fee of $40.
4-H Youth/Member Workshop - Level 3 & 4
March 8, 2020
This workshop is designed for 4-H'ers who have passed Level 2. Topics include advanced riding maneuvers, feed charts, nutrition, first aid, and much more! Register by February 24 for the discounted fee of $40.
Check Out the New Cat Club
The Nebraska 4-H Cat Club program has recently been revised. Cat Club is now a self-paced learning opportunity. It is still open to all youth regardless of enrollment and adults interested in learning more about cats and the 4-H cat project. New lessons are added each month from September through May. Lessons are available through Google Classroom.
Nebraska 4-H Camps & Centers Offering School-Year Camps
Nebraska 4-H Camps & Centers is now offering day and residential camps throughout the year. Camps provide a wonderful opportunity for youth to get away and spend some quality time connecting with nature and the great outdoors. School-year camps are offered while youth have days off from school or are on school breaks, including:
· Winter Resident Camp - February 15-16
· Spring Break Camp - April 6-10
National Western Stock Show Catch-A-Calf Program
It is again time for 4-H Members interested in the cattle industry to apply for the National Western Stock Show Catch-A-Calf program. Currently, Nebraska has 12 participants in the 2019-20 CAC program. It is an educational opportunity that develops skills that will be used throughout their careers.
Applications are online at nationalwestern.com/catch-a-calf-program/ with a signature form that must be completed and sent to NWSS no later than December 1, 2019.
County 4-H Calendar
Equine Webinar Series - November 11
- 4-H Council Meeting - November 18
Nebraska 4-H Camp 101 Session - November 20
- Shooting Sports Instructors Reports Due - November 22
- Make it Yourself with Wool - November 23
- National Catch-a-Calf applications due: December 1st
Looking into the New Year ...
- Summer Camps announced for 2020
- Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic Judging Contest - Saturday, 2.15.2020 in Kearney
- 2020 Horse Judging School - March 7th
- 2020 Adult/Leader Equine Advancement Level Workshop - March 8th
- 2020 Equine 4-H Youth 3 & 4 Advancement Level Workshop - March 8th
- 4-H Horse Stampede - March 28th at UNL
- 4-H Companion Animal Challenge - March 28th
Ag Information & Other Opportunities:
- Ag Land Transition/Estate Planning Workshops ... Nov 20 | Dec 4 | Dec 10 in Weeping Water
- October Ag Line Newsletter
- Hort Update
- Gardening articles by Sarah Browning (New articles posted almost every week)
- Recorded Webinar and info on "Hunting Leases" with vital information for landowners
- Nebraska Extension Publications ... online Library
Become a Master Gardener ... for 2020 program, register by January 17, 2020
4-H Mission Statement
4-H Empowers youth to reach their full potential,
working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
The 4-H Vision
A world in which youth and adults
learn, grow and work together
as catalysts for positive change.
I pledge my Head to clearer thinking,
My Heart to greater loyalty,
My Hands to larger service, and
My Health to better living,
For my club, my community, my country and my world!
To Make the Best Better!
The 4-H colors are green and white.
Green, nature's most prominent color, symbolizes growth.
The white symbolizes purity and high ideals.
The official 4-H Emblem is a clover with four leaves and an "H" on each leaf.
The clover's stem must point to the right as you look at the image.
The 4-H Emblem is not a plan four-leaf clover.
The 18 USC 707 notice is part of the Emblem.
Nebraska Extension Cass County
Lauren Stohlmann, Extension Educator and Unit Leader, email@example.com
Katie Kreuser, Extension Educator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Ensor, Extension Assistant, email@example.com
Sondra Buell, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
General Mailbox, email@example.com