Dwarfism is a disorder which has more than 200 causes basically a patient suffering from it would appear extremely shorter than the people of his age. There are two types of dwarfism: disproportionate and proportionate.
Disproportionate dwarfism: some parts of the patient are small but other parts are average or above average.
Proportionate dwarfism: patient's parts are all small but in the same decree so his body look shorter.
Ppoportionate dwarfism: some symptoms are:
- Slow growth before age of 5
- There are periods with little or no change in the height
- Adult height less than 5 feet
Disproportionate dwarfism: some symptoms are:
- Excess skin at the mech at birth
- Kidney problems
- Defects of heart and blood vessels etc.
If you see any of the symptoms please contact the doctor immediately.
Treatment for this is :
- Common surgeries like inserting metal staples
- Limb lengthening- go under a surgery
- Hormone therapy- growth hormone therapy
It is a dangerous disorder and if you see anyone suffering from it don't laugh at them but give them morale support as the patients suffering usually need that from the family and the society