things to learn about stress
what causes stress?
exhausting work schedule or a rocky relationship. However, anything that puts high demands on you or forces you to adjust can be stress.
what are the risk of stress?
- some risk of stress could be Heart disease, Asthma, Obesity, Diabetes ,Headaches, Depression and anxiety, Gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease.
what are ways to prevent stress?
- Reframe problems. Try to view stressful situations from a more positive perspective.
- Look at the big picture. Take perspective of the stressful situation.
- Adjust your standards. Perfectionism is a major source of avoidable stress.
what are some of the ways to manage stress?
- Take a break from the stressor. It may seem difficult to get away from a big work project, a crying baby or a growing credit card bill. But when you give yourself permission to step away from it, you let yourself have time to do something else, which can help you have a new perspective or practice techniques to feel less overwhelmed.
- Exercise. The research keeps growing — exercise benefits your mind just as well as your body.
- Smile and laugh. Our brains are interconnected with our emotions and facial expressions. When people are stressed, they often hold a lot of the stress in their face. So laughs or smiles can help relieve some of that tension and improve the situation.
- Meditate. Meditation and mindful prayer help the mind and body to relax and focus.
- Get social support. Call a friend, send an email. When you share your concerns or feelings with another person, it does help relieve stress.