Pioneer Community Update 8/28
We have over 200 families registered with PikMyKid, thank you! We have never before had so much information about dismissal nor had the ability to ensure your child’s safety in a secure environment. Thank you for your tremendous support!!
Who should use the app:
1. Families that will be picking up their children via the car lane. We ask that you only use this lane if your child can enter the car safely without any assistance. It is crucial to keep the cars flowing and any interruption will cause a delay with dismissal. If your child needs assistance, we encourage you to park and walk to the door where your child will be dismissed. K-1 Front Doors, 2-3 playground doors, 4-5 Doors in front of the portables. ONCE YOU ARE ON CAMPUS, USE THE APP TO ANNOUNCE YOU ARE HERE. YOU WILL NEED TO ENABLE LOCATION IN ORDER TO ANNOUNCE. WE ASK FOR CAR TAGS IN THE WINDOW WITH NAMES OF WHO YOU ARE PICKING UP TO HELP US PLACE YOU IN THE QUE.
2. Parents who want to assist with walking their child home. Parents, we ask that you go to the door for where your child will be dismissed, K-1 Front Doors, 2-3 playground doors, 4-5 Doors in front of the portables. ONCE YOU ARE ON CAMPUS, USE THE APP TO ANNOUNCE YOU ARE HERE, PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE THE WALKING SELECTED FOR YOUR CHILDS DISMISSAL
Who should not use the app:
1. If families have arranged to have their child leave campus and meet them elsewhere, these children will be dismissed at 3:58, YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE THE APP. We recommend this option for some of our older students.
Boosterthon Fall Fun Run
Our Fall Fun Run fundraiser will kick off in just 3 weeks on September 14th! Our goal is to raise $$$ for some outdoor upgrades and renovations and to strengthen our school community. This year, fundraising is more critical than ever to provide learning resources and fund our school budget. We’ve asked our friends at Booster to power our fundraiser to make it more profitable, fun, and easy for everyone. We have worked closely together to ensure this event follows the safety and health guidelines of our school.
Here’s what all students can get excited about:
• Fun, engaging character development lesson
• A high-energy event to give our school a much-needed boost of fun!
If your family feels it’s not in the position to financially support the school, that’s ok. Families can actually support our school by also SHARING our fundraiser with friends and family online. Sharing IS supporting.
Key dates to remember:
• Donating Opens – 9/7
Register on FUNRUN.COM, SHARE, & GIVE!
• Fundraiser Kick Off – 9/14
• Event Day – Cohort B 9/24, Cohort A 9/28, E-learners will be invited to participate on one of these two days as well!
SAVE THE DATE! You’re Invited!
Thank you for supporting PIONEER through the Fall Fun Run!
A message from Mrs. Keen
Art is looking a lot different these days, since I can't keep any students' supplies or sketchbooks/ papers in my classroom. Hello mixing germs between classes and cohorts!
It is my expectation that every student in every grade brings their regular classroom supply box to Art, every day. If they don't have a specific supply, I will add to their box from my own classroom supplies. Most classes are already remembering this, so thank you!
The tricky part is the papers. I am asking all grades 1st-5th to get a folder or a sketchbook, to collect all of their papers in one place. I am providing Kindies with a labeled folder full of paper.
I am asking for your help in reminding your kiddos (ALL GRADES) to bring their supplies AND their papers to Art every day. It's like camping- bring everything in, pack everything out!
Student Birthday Recognition
The Pioneer Spirit Wear store is now open! Orders can be sent directly to your home or Pioneer for pick up. Follow the link below for t-shirts, sweatshirts, and masks!
Link your King Soopers or Safeway Cards
Finally, if you haven't linked your King Soopers or Safeway cards to Pioneer, please get everyone you know to do it! PTO makes on average $800/quarter and it's easy. Sign up here.