Articles of Confederation
Advantages and Disadvantages
There were a couple of good things about the Articles of Confederation.
1. They were able to build and control any army.
2. Set up a legislature where each state had one vote.
3. Had the ability to deal with foreign countries on behalf of the states.
There were a lot of disadvantages of the Articles of Confederation and they over weighed the little bit of good that it had.
Some of them are:
1. National government couldn't enforce laws so even if ratified, states could ignore them.
2. National government couldn't tax.
3. There was no executive or judicial branch.
Weak Central Government
I think the delegates created a weak central government because they didn't know what kind of government they wanted to have. Or because they wanted to allow each state to have its own power, also because they wanted to benefit there own state.