Mrs. Hensler's Helpful Hints
September 8th - 11th
This week your child will bring home a page titled "Oral Reading Fluency". This activity is to help your child learn high-frequency or sight words. Using a timer is a great way to motivate students, however it can be overwhelming. Timing your child is not required. I would like to see your child read these words to you every night. Please return these pages to school on Friday. Initial or sign the page before returning, to show that you have practiced with your child. Thank You!
Thursday, September 10th @ 1:15
The NED Show is coming to RCPS. This is a character building assembly filled with magic, puppets, and humor!
- Never Give Up
- Encourage Others
- Do Your Best
Focus for the Week
- Reading Street Weekly Text: Miss Bindergarten Takes a Field Trip with Kindergarten
- Letter identification & sounds: t, u, v, w, x, y, z
- Amazing Words: bakery, park, library, fire station, post office, chaperone
- Reading Skill: classify and categorize
- Question of the Week: How do people in the community cooperate?
- High-Frequency Words: the, little
- Writing: Our Names ***With proper upper AND lowercase letters ex: Billy not BILLY
- Initial Sounds
- Shape: Triangle
- Counting and Number Recognition
Homework "Monkey" Folders
Please check your child's Homework folder every night. These folders are to be returned to school everyday. This is a great place to store a note to me! We check these folders every morning for bus notes, lunch money, etc. Thanks for your help!