Think Different #24
Resources for the Week of April 17, 2017
Looking for a good FREE conference, something very different?
Pick up your ticket at http://edcampks.weebly.comFollow @EdCampKS on Twitter, use the #edcampKS hashtag to discuss the unconference, & Like our EdCamp KS Facebook Page.
Nice List Augmented Reality apps sorted by Content Areas
Awesome list of Augmented reality Apps from Techno Peterson.
"Augmented Reality is a great way to engage your students in a fascinating way. Below is a small list of different AR apps along with links to their trigger images (if applicable). These links are dedicated to iOS devices, but many of these great apps also have Android versions."
See the full list: http://technopeterson.com/resources/augmented-reality-ar-apps/
Make Multimedia Flashcards using Duolingo TinyCards
- Memorize anything while playing a game! Tinycards is a brand new app from the team behind Duolingo, the most downloaded education app in the world.
- Tinycards. Big fun. Have fun unlocking new levels and keeping your memory strength bar full while you learn.
- Memorize anything quickly. Tinycards uses spaced repetition and other smart learning techniques to help you remember new material.
- Choose from thousands of topics or make your own decks. Learn almost anything with delightful, animated decks. Create your own decks and share them with friends, or pick from a variety of ready-made collections. You’ll find country capitals, vocabulary in different languages, history, constellations, hat styles, you name it!
Thanks to Richard Byrne for this tutorial on using Duolingo Tinycards
Apps for Dog Owners
- BringFido: Find dog-friendly hotels, restaurants, parks, beaches, and dog events anywhere in the country and in Canada. Read their policies, pricing, amenities, and even guest reviews. iTunes, BringFido.com, Free
- Pet First Aid by the American Red Cross: Get the advice you need for canine emergencies, and even find a nearby veterinary hospital or call a vet. Learn about symptoms, early-warning signs, and what do to in common first-aid situations. iTunes, Google Play, Free
- MapMyDogWalk: Just like FitBit or other fitness trackers, this app lets you and your dog get the most out of your walks. Using GPS, it tracks speed, duration, and distance, and can help you change up that same-old, same-old route. Google Play, iTunes, Free
- DogVacay: Sometimes you just have to leave him home. Best described as Airnbnb for dogs, the app helps you find a real home-away-from-home when you can't be there. Search, read reviews, and book reservations right on your phone. You can even get updates from your dog . . . well, from the sitter. iTunes, Google Play, Free
- BarkCam: Not a must-have, but a fun-to-have. Ever try getting the perfect photo of your dog? This basic app plays a sound to get your dog’s attention, then lets you add filters, meme text, stickers, or quotes to the image. Google Play, iTunes, Free
- BarkHappy: New in town? Just need new dog-owning friends? This location-based app helps you find dogs nearby, dog-friendly places, local dog events, and even lost-and-found alerts. Find stuff to do and playmates — for you and your dog. BarkHappy.com, iTunes, Free
- iKibble: You’re just about to give your dog a taste of what you’re eating, when you wonder, “Is this safe for dogs?” iKibble will let you know. It includes hundreds of foods, and lets you search for a specific food. There’s even info and advice about feeding your dog specific human foods. iTunes, Google Play, Free
- Dog Park Finder Plus: If you take road trips with your dog or are just away from home, Dog Park Finder Plus locates nearby dog parks, dog-friendly beaches, and more. It’s really useful for long car trips, helping you find places to stop along the way. iTunes $1.99
- Pawprint -- Pet Health Tracker: Preserve all important information about your dog in one place. You can even use the app to obtain and keep your dog's official medical records. It’s great for tracking things such as vet appointments, vaccine schedules, even weight and feeding information. iTunes, Free