The Madison School PTA Newsletter / December 16, 2022
Reminder: Madison Winter Concerts Take the Stage Next Week
Madison students and staff are excited to bring back the full traditional Winter Concerts - next week! Grades 1-5 will perform on the evening of Wednesday, December 21. Kindergarten will perform the morning of Thursday, December 22. For your review, here's the letter that all received in November regarding the schedules - the full schedule is also below for reference.
Fond Farewell to 2022 as PTA Looks Forward to 2023
- We have 155 PTA members this year - thank you all for your support! Becoming a member is the easiest way to support our PTA - and there's still time to join! A membership is $20 for new or renewing members. Not a PTA member yet? Join Today! Thank you to Emily Tasch for leading our membership efforts!
- Students started the year with supplies thanks to Brittney Zeller who ran the SCHOOL SUPPLY KIT program this year.
- Kindergartners got a nice MEET-UP opportunity thanks to Linsey Wisniewski and Lacey Marshall, and NEW MADISON FAMILIES were welcomed to Madison by Katie Morris.
- We were treated to a wonderful school year kick-off thanks to the annual MEET AND TREAT. Huge thanks to Heather Graf and Ellen Giuntoli.
- Our kids have memorable SCHOOL PICTURES thanks to Cecilia Horejs and Christina Rossman, who organized picture day.
- Our FUN RUN raised a record-breaking total of $30,482 and we had 86% student participation. The kids were treated to an inflatable jump day for surpassing the $27,000 goal. A huge thank you to Brian Small and Sarah Tobeck and all the parent volunteers for leading the cause.
- Students enjoyed Halloween parties and will look forward to holiday parties thanks to Ellen Giuntoli who serves as ROOM PARENT COORDINATOR. We're grateful for all of the room parents and parent volunteers who make these very fun days, possible.
- We all got to wear more Madison pride thanks to the SPIRITWEAR sales run by Ellen Giuntoli - thank you!
- CLUBS created educational and beneficial activities for our students to learn, grow and have fun! For example, math club (thank you, Christina Hull!).
- Parents enjoyed time to socialize and support Madison at TRIVIA NIGHT, which was back in person this year after a pandemic pause. Thanks to this fundraising effort, we added $8,300 to help fund Madison efforts and projects for the future. We appreciate you, Mary Henderson and Kate Kessler.
- 23 students entered the PTA REFLECTIONS competition - a record for Madison. Thank you to Lesley Stephan-Feinsot for chairing this committee!
- BUTTERBRAID sales brought yummy treats to Madison families and $845 to Madison as a result. We appreciate Diana Benoist's leadership!
- Students appreciate art a little more thanks to Abby Richardson, who leads ART APPRECIATION (and a big thank you to all classroom art appreciation volunteers) and Candace Small, who is our BEAUTIFICATION committee chair and makes Madison's outdoor spaces so lovely.
- We celebrated our teachers with several breakfasts and treats throughout the school year, thanks to Janine Shimp and Erica Menocci for leading the TEACHER APPRECIATION efforts!
And finally - a BIG thank you to our board, committee chairs and MANY volunteers who work hard behind the scenes to help make Madison so wonderful. There are so many exciting events planned for 2023 - we can't wait for the year to begin!
- DONUT DAY
- MULTICULTURAL DAY - Let us know if you'd like to share your culture!
- DINING NIGHTS OUT (Supporting Wheaton restaurants & the PTA!)
- EXPLORE MORE DAY
Madison Cares Supports Our Children's Homestead
Plans are underway for our Madison Cares 2023 student volunteer project. This year our student volunteer project will support Our Children’s Homestead (OCH), a foster care and adoption organization servicing primarily children with physical and developmental challenges.
Often times, foster children arrive with only a trash bag to carry their belongings. The
Madison PTA has purchased 24 large duffle bags to donate to OCH. In January, each of our
17 classrooms will collect an item. Then, we’ll have volunteer events on February 3rd and February 10th where students will have the opportunity to give up a lunch recess to help fill the bags and spread some love to children in need!
If you would like to help volunteer with your student over the lunch hour at one of these Friday Madison Cares events, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, Feb 3rd: Volunteer time 12:15 - 1:45p
12:30 - 1:00: 1st grade and 5th grade
1:00 - 1:30: Kindergarten and 4th grade
Friday, Feb 10th: Volunteer time 12:15 - 1:45p
12:30 - 1:00: 3rd grade
1:00 - 1:30: 2nd grade
Half day Kindergarten will create cards to go in the bags
Volunteers Needed for 2023 Explore More Day!
We are excited to announce that Explore More Day will be back on May 19, 2023 this year! At this time we are looking for:
1) Individuals interested in being on the EMD planning committee (K-1 committee and 2-5 committee.)
2) Parents/college students/community members willing to share their expertise for one of our course offerings. Any hobbies or areas of expertise in things such as crafts, art, cooking, science, etc. are welcome! (If you are not sure how your interest might work with a "class" we can help with that!)
Please contact Denise Krohn (email@example.com) or Lesley Stephan-Feinsot (firstname.lastname@example.org) with interest in volunteering or any questions. Thanks!
Help Madison by Shopping on Amazon!
Remember... while you're doing your holiday shopping consider AmazonSmile. Make Madison PTA your AmazonSmile charitable organization! Did you know that Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to a chairty of your choice? For more information go HERE and search "Madison PTA" as your choice.
Mr. Callahan's December 9 Message
2022/2023 Madison PTA Leadership
- President: Debbie McCraw
- President-Elect: Lizette McNellis
- Membership: Emily Tasch
- Ways and Means: Sarah Tobek and Diana Benoist
- Treasurer: Abby Markham
- Secretary: Heather Graf