What's up at Weller?
- President's Day No School...Enjoy your long weekend!
- Evangel Basketball Players Visit @ 10:15 - 10:30
- Tinker Time at Weller: Stop Animation/Coding 4:00-5:00 (Register at the link below.)
- Happy Birthday Liz Eason!
- 5th Grade ELL to visit Hickory Hills @ 9:00 - 11:00
- Story Time Parents as Teachers @ 2:30 - 3:30
- Color Guard @ 3:45 - 4:30
- Evangel/Weller Basketball Game Night @ 6:00 - 8:00-Reserve you ticket!
- Dr. D out of building
- 2-3 Ballet @ 3:50 - 4:30
- ELL Tutoring
- Weller P.R.I.D.E. Celebration
- PRIDE Store
- 3rd Grade Guest Speaker @ 2:00 - 2:30
- 9:00 - 1:15 Title 1 Math Competition
Coming up next week!
2/22: 3rd Grade Peter and the Wolf
2/23: Leadership Meeting
2/25: IGNiTE Model Classroom Deployment
MSU In School Players Troupe Assembly
THANK YOU CRYSTAL AND JESSICA WHO WERE HERO'S ON SATURDAY AT SHOP WITH A HERO DAY!
Gotta know it...
Every where I go I talk about the incredible team at Weller. Every time I walk into a classroom I can feel the engagement in learning. This morning I was in Rebecca's room. Both her and Amanda were at a table's side by side teaching small groups math at their level. The other kids were on Dreambox, working independently, and helping one another. This was engagement! Thanks for what you do every day at Weller. I'm CRAZY 4 U and you're MY HERO.
A few things...
- Encourage parents to sign kids up for EXPLORE! Encourage kids to sign-up for EXPLORE! We can earn up to a $4000 incentive for having 65% or more of our kids enrolled in EXPLORE! (They must attend at least five days.) The way I see this is it's field trip money! That could be $235 per classroom for a field trip of their choice!
- Can you believe the book chain already? Thanks for encouraging your kids to read and supporting them in filling out the tickets.
- Five of our 3rd grade students read the lunch menu for the morning and 5:30 news on KOLR 10 next week. Be sure to watch Monday through Friday to see our budding Weller stars!
- Behaviors have been challenging this week. Thanks for keeping our Weller Expectations high and reviewing them with kids.
- Remember to put the reading test kits in the order you would like to find them in.
Friday Feedback question and response:
- If you could live this week again, what one thing would you look forward to?
- Loved the excitement at the assembly from the Read Around the School
- Enjoyed learning how to use my new device for reading groups
14 of 17 classrooms are above 95% in total attendance and the other three are soooo close! Way to go! YOU make a difference as you welcome children to school each day.
Rich, Susan 97.23%
Tinney, Rebecca 96.97%
Wahl, Haleigh 96.84%
Bernelis, Shayla 96.24%
Norrell, Carrie 96.15%
Squibb, Crystal 95.96%
Graves, Ralene 95.79%
Barker, Michelle 95.73%
Almeida, Joanne 95.67%
Hughes, Sherry 95.53%
Sanders, Hanna 95.46%
Weinman, Carma 95.39%
Shores, Kendall 95.18%
Ellis, Peggy 95.02%
Dake, Michael 94.93%
Morey, Cari 94.86%
Miller, Jamie 94.69%
Weller PTO Membership Drive
Mrs. Hughes won the membership drive and will get a pizza party!
Year books are on sale this week.
Don't forget if you have pictures that you want in the yearbook, please send them to John!