Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
By: Jewel & Daniel
What is PTSD?
Girl in a corner
Having a flashback of the mortifying event.
This is saying how you can fight against PTSD and overcome.
Here Uncle Sam is saying he wants you to care about things like PTSD and take care of yourself so you can be happy.
- becoming jittery and jumping out of fright when you hear noises or when you're in a large crowd
- you usually would tend to avoid the traumatic event that you experienced
For example: If you were a survivor in 9/11 attack you may avoid airplanes or being in tall buildings.
Where you can get help for PTSD
- There are many medical centers around North Carolina to get help for these conditions.
- VA (Veterans Association) and the Charlotte community based outpatient clinic
8601 University East drive, Charlotte, NC 28213
- 60% of men and 50% of women experience a traumatic event in their lives but only 7 to 8 percent will get PTSD in their lives.
- 2% of people who have experience PTSD will commit suicide
- 5.2 million adults will have PTSD in a given year
- 10% of women will get PTSD in their lifetime