Creston Community News
Creston Intermediate and Middle School Family Newsletter
March 27, 2020
Please be sure to share the newsletter with your child(ren)!
Students, Parents, and Caregivers,
As you know, Governor Holcomb has mandated that all Indiana K-12 schools remain closed until May 1, 2020 to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. This does mean our students and staff will be involved in some type of Learn at Home activities; our district team is working on those plans and we will be sure to share out additional information in the coming weeks as it becomes available. In the meantime, we hope you and your family enjoy are scheduled "spring break."
- Each week day, students can access Grab & Go meals at the following locations: Warren Central High School, Pleasant Run Elementary, CRESTON, Raymond Park, and Stonybrook Intermediate Middle Schools. The district has also created four community satellite locations for providing Grab & Go meals. These locations include: Braeburn Village Apartments, Knoll Ridge Apartments, Washington Pointe Apartments, and Shiloh Estates Mobile Home Park. All locations will be open Monday - Friday between 11:00AM - 1:00PM for each day.
- MSD Warren has added a Wednesday evening distribution of food at Post Road Christian Church from 5:30 - 7:00 pm. Families should use the south entrance of the church parking lot and go to the Family Life Center door. This will be available each Wednesday evening from 5:30-7:00. Our other 9 locations will continue to offer meals Monday - Friday between 11-1. Each Friday, additional food will be shared to assist families for the weekend.
- If you find yourself in need beyond what is being offered, a District Community Outreach hotline and email have been created. You can either call 317-869-4308 or email MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us with your information. Someone from the district will contact you as soon as possible.
I encourage you to stay tuned for further updates as they become available; we will keep you informed throughout the next few weeks. Our newsletter will continue to be shared each Friday.
Wishinig you and your family safety and wellness,Mrs. Carey Storm
Helpful Information from Cell Phone Providers
Please consider reviewing the below information from your family's cellular provider with details on accommodations and special offers as we continue to navigate COVID-19.
Counseling Resource Packet
You can access our Counseling Department's free resource packet by clicking HERE. This guide includes resources related to:
- Social-Emotional Learning Resources
- Online Learning/Enrichment Resources
- Mental Health Crisis Resources
Optional Instructional and Learning Resources
****NONE of these resources are required activities - rather, they are ideas for you and your students if needed/desired!