Monday, June 19, 2017
Have a great summer!!!
Follow Us on Twitter: @FranklinBolts
8th Grade Assembly Items
Congrats & Best of Luck 8th Graders
On behalf of the Franklin Staff we wish the best of luck to our students as they make the transition to Kennedy and Washington High School. We can't wait to follow along as they leave their marks on their new buildings. This group was part of the outstanding tradition we have at Franklin Middle School.
8th Grade Mural
2nd Semester Honor Roll Recipients
Summer Construction Projects
Summer Office Hours
2017-18 School Start Times
- Monday-Thursday: 7:50-2:50
- Friday: 7:50-1:20
Fridays will continue to be a day for professional learning for our staff members. We appreciate the time to learn and collaborate on these early release days.
Linn County Options for Children Needing Immunizations
Check out the following information for students in need of immunizations this summer.
- Your Family doctor if you have one. If not the following are options:
- Cedar Rapids Community School District’s Metro Care Connection. Call this number to schedule for any clinic first: 558-2481
Kennedy High School:
4545 Wenig Rd. NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Metro High School Health Center: 558-2272
1212 7th Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Jefferson High School: 558-2221
1243 – 20th St SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
*Linn County Department of Public Health
*Provide immunizations by appointment only need to call 892-6000
501 13th St NW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
*Eastern Iowa Health Center (formerly Linn Community Care)
1201 3rd Avenue SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
319-730-7300 (cost is sliding scale, by appointment)
To locate a family physician:
- St Luke’s Pediatrics: 368-9300 www.stlukescr.org/body
- Mercy Care Physician Referral: 369-4444 or www.mercycare.org/doctors/physicians/index
- Please speak with your school nurse for further options.
Back To School Night
Thursday, Aug. 17th, 3:30-7pm
300 20th Street Northeast
Cedar Rapids, IA
- Take their 2017-18 school picture.
- Receive their school ID.
- Receive their locker number, combination, and schedule.
- Drop off all school supplies.
- Meet and greet Franklin Staff and Students.