HBS Kinder Pelican News
ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT COMING TO SCHOOL!
WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD BEACH SCHOOL!
Happy First Day of School!
Keeping Students Safe and Healthy at HBS
To keep everyone healthy and happy, please take your child's temperature and screen your child for any symptoms before heading out to school each day. Our staff will screen ourselves as well! If your child has a temp of 99.5 or above, or if your child has symptoms and isn't feeling well, please keep them at home so they can rest.Here's a link to the Hueneme Elementary School District's plan to keep our students healthy and safe. Please read it over this week so you can help us to keep our students and staff healthy and safe. Thanks for your support!
Extended Kinder Hours - Schedule and Dates
Since our Tiny Pelicans are just beginning to get into the swing of school, we are gradually extending the hours they attend, with the dismissal later in the day every few weeks.
Here are the basics:
- Thurs., Aug. 26th - Friday, Sept. 24th: 8 AM-11:21 PM - SEND A SNACK ONLY
- Mon., Sept. 27th - Fri., Oct. 8th: 8 AM-12 PM - SEND A SNACK ONLY
- Tues., Oct. 12th - Fri., Jun. 17th: 8 AM - 1:30 PM - PLEASE SEND A LUNCH/REQUEST FREE LUNCH
- Early Wednesday Dismissal will begin on Wed., October 13, with Kinder Pelicans attending from 8 AM - 11:21 PM
- There is no supervision before 7:45 AM, so please do not drop off students
Kinders will enter through Gate 2, between the portables, and will exit through their classroom to the front of the school, on the Kinder Lawn. Please check the Pick-up/Drop-off Map for a visual of the gates and areas.
"Where do I drop-off and pick up my Tiny Pelican?" Answers Here!
Our most commonly asked question is, "Where do I drop-off and pick up my Tiny Pelican?" If you're like us, you like a visual, and we have that for you!
- Kinders will enter through Gate 2, between the portables, and will exit through their classroom to the front of the school, on the Kinder Lawn.
- Please check the Pick-up/Drop-off Map for a visual of the gates and areas.
Due to current conditions, we will be working hard to keep students and staff safe. This means:
- Adults will not be admitted to campus at this time.
- But don't worry! Our friendly and sweet HBS Ambassadors will be available to walk your child the short, 100 feet to the classroom.
- Our mascot, Pelican Pete, will be here in person to greet our Tiny Pelicans as they center our campus!
- Temperatures may be taken at the gate, depending on current conditions, in order to help keep everyone safe.
Families, it's going to be a great day! We will take care of your Little Pelican like they are our own, and return them to you happy and excited about Kindergarten! Thanks for being our partner in supporting your child.
"WHAT ABOUT FOOD?" THE SCOOP ON SNACKS AND LUNCH 🍎🍊🍇🥦🥕🧀🥪🌯🥗
- Snacks: You can send a snack every day with your child. We prefer snacks to be healthy, and nutritious, and snacks or lunches are not to be shared among students for safety reasons.
- Lunch: Kinders will start eating lunch at school on the first day of the full Extended Day hours, Tuesday, October 12.
- There are two lunch options:
- All students can eat for free - simply fill out the form in your First Day Packet, which goes home with your child the first day of school. There are no income caps or requirements.
- You can send a lunch to school with your Tiny Pelican. Please send healthy, nutritious lunches. Please, no lunches that require heating or microwaving!