November 2, 2020 Principal Message
Jeffreys Grove Magnet Elementary
Special Message for Cohort 2 Families
Dear Jeffreys Grove Families,
We hope you’ve had a fantastic week! The Jeffreys Grove staff is eagerly anticipating the return of Cohort 2. As we get ready for them, here are a few reminders:
- Plan your arrival time for carpool (8:45-9:10am) - we have to complete health screenings and temperature checks for ALL students.
- Pack your pencil box and the school supplies your child's teacher has requested.
- Pack your device every day plus the charger in case teachers need you to have your WCPSS device.
- Families with their own personal device are welcome to send it as well, we will send a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) form home so you can return that form to us - not required, but students can bring personal devices.
- Breakfast and Lunch are FREE for ALL students. Students can bring their own lunches as well if they choose.
- Wear a mask. Pack an additional mask if you think your child needs to switch out masks midday. If not, don't worry. We have masks on campus to share with students as needed.
- Bring a refillable waterbottle. Don't worry if your child doesn't have one or forgets - we have disposable cups and donated water bottles as we will not be using the water fountains to directly drink from.
- If you have the student attestation form completed, please send it in. If not, we will send a copy home for you to sign and return.
For additional information, please refer to the Return to Campus Guide which contains a link to the first semester calendar that lists cohort rotations by weeks.
Reminders this week
- No remote learning days this week
- November 3 - Teacher workday - no school for students
If you are looking for ways to get connected with the JG PTA and other Jeffreys Grove families, I invite you to join Memberhub. The Jeffreys Grove PTA uses Memberhub as a means of communication with families throughout the year. Cheri Thomas, the JG PTA President, sends out a weekly newsletter, providing "save the date" information, fundraising updates, advocacy information, and other school-wide information. Please click here to join Jeffreys Grove Memberhub."
As always, please reach out to either Ms. Scott or me for support. We are more than happy to answer questions, address concerns, or provide guidance when needed.
Wake County has launched a new utility bill payment assistance program called WakeHELPS to do exactly what the name implies - help households impacted by COVID-19 pay back what they owe to their utility providers.
Online applications are available in English & Spanish.
Click here for more information:
Hello JG Families,
Wow, it's November! I hope you continue to find a balance between work, school, and fun!
It's great to see some students in the building. I know some of them may be dealing with anxiety related to the return to the school building. Click on my newsletter below for helpful tips to deal with the anxiety that may accompany this return.
You can also review my bullying prevention page and some other helpful tips related to anxiety/worry.
I look forward to seeing some students in the building and joining morning meetings to visit my virtual academy friends!
Take care and SOAR on Eagles!