Eastlake Middle School 1.24.18
We are back into the rhythm of school. The administration team had a chance to visit all of the Social Science classes to emphasize school expectations and review any student concerns/questions. We want to have a great second semester and move forward in a positive fashion. Here are some items to consider:
1. Triton Time has started in the library. Students can come before and right after school for a time to get work done in a quiet environment.
2. Please help us educate your student about the importance of not wearing a hood while in school. We need to be able to identify students quickly. If there is a concern, please let us know. Also, we are trying to remind students to clean up after themselves at nutrition break and lunch. The seagulls are starting to come!
3. Only two more days until the Taste of Eastlake. This event sells out! Please check out our website for more information and join us!!
4. Our Chinese Delegation has been incredible. I am so proud of our students and parents for how welcoming they have been of our Chinese students and teacher visitors. We look forward to a great partnership for many years to come!
5. Graduation is set for Tuesday, June 5th at 5:00 PM at Otay Ranch High School. We will have a final announcement in the near future. We are looking into shuttle services.
6. The PTSO is planning a Parent Series focusing on internet safety, mental health support for students and character development. I am hoping that many of you will attend these events, but especially the character development meeting. I would like the input of parents as we move toward developing a new mission statement and plan for student character at ELM. Stay tuned!
7. In order to better reach our community, I am hosting a Carne Asada with the Principal Night at Lolita's Eastlake on February 12th at 5:30 PM. This will also be a fundraiser for our PTSO.
As always, thanks for being great partners in this journey! You are truly appreciated.
Our awesome girls soccer team scoring the first goal of the game.
Way to play as a team!
The boys played their hearts out for a well-deserved victory!