Who am I?
My name is Katie Yetter and I am currently a senior at Northwestern Regional High school #7. Not only am i enrolled in the main high school, but i was also accepted into the Agricultural Education Program as an incoming freshman. Through this program I have taken Exploring Agriculture, Large Animal Science, Greenhouse Production, and I am currently taking Floral Design. Even though I love the Ag program, my main focus is the science department. I love science and research. I hope to major in Bio-medical Engineering, and work in a research department, working with medicines and medical technology.
Second Place Extemporaneous speaker at the Big E.
National Honors Society
Fellow NHS members and myself volunteering at the bake sale, to help raise money for F.I.S.H.
- I have worked on Crafty Ledge Farm, a family owned farm, for three years.
- I have worked at Farmington River Tubing for two summers.
- I also babysit my neighbor and my boss's kids every once in awhile. I have been babysitting for a total of four years.
- National Honors Society (2011-2013)
- Treasurer of the Junior Class (2011-2012)
- President of the Ag-Ed program (2012-2013)
- State Winner of Extemporaneous public speaking, through the Ag program (2011)
- Selected to go to Laurel Girls State Auxiliary Program (2012)
- Ag-ed Representative on the High school senate program (2012-2013)
- I have volunteered over 100 hours at Trinita, a christian house. This house offers many opportunities to volunteer for the community and for the less-fortunate. Here are some examples of what I have done here:
- Built bridges for Trinita, Raised money for local charities, Cooked dinner for the homeless, sent Christmas letters to wounded soldiers, etc.
- Volunteer at bake sales and coat drives for F.I.S.H organization
- Volunteer Farm work
- Public Speaking
- very motivated
- Learn things quickly
- confident in my school work
- determined and efficient
- people-oriented-I work well with others
- basic knowledge of agriculture