Biology research project
What is cystic fibrosis? Animation
Symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis
- How it really starts is with a lot of mucus in your airway, and over periods of time it keeps getting thicker and thicker then finally it gets so bad that you can barley breathe.
- Then when you go to the hospital they will pronounce you with Cystic Fibrosis.
- Just know if you have Cystic Fibrosis more than likely your Parents do, and if they don't know then you probably need to go ahead and tell them so they can get checked also.
Cause of Disorder
- CF is not a normal disorder it is a serious matter and is very common in the US.
- Cystic Fibrosis is a hereditary disorder that is passed down for gene to gene over hundreds of years.
- If you know a Relative that has Cystic Fibrosis then is a more than likely chance that you could also have it.
How Cystic Fibrosis is Treated
- However Cystic Fibrosis does not really have a cure, it mostly just has treatments.
- But the treatments over the past few years are starting to prevent more of the lung infections.
- Treatments for Cystic Fibrosis takes very complex therapies which address a lot of parts in the human body.
How many And What Kind of People get Cystic Fibrosis
- More than one million people carry the Cystic Fibrosis gene, which is mostly 1 out of very 24 people carry it.
- Most of those people who have Cystic Fibrosis do not know they have it until they are either checked for it or they have a child that is born with it.
- 80% of the people who carry it do not know they are carriers.
Application of Cystic Fibrosis
- I learned a lot of very interesting new things about Cystic Fibrosis that i really never knew before.
- I learned that Cystic Fibrosis is hereditary not transferred through any other type of way.
- I also learned that Over 80% of people in Australia have Cystic Fibrosis and that 1 of very 24 people that you see more than likely have it.
Living with Cystic Fibrosis - Lauren's Story