RILINK Schools LibGuides Newsletter
- CSS was added at the System Level to increase the font size generated when adding the Documents and Links as a specific Content Type.
- The cleanup of Orphan Guides is ongoing.
- Asset Cleanup will take place over the Christmas vacation.
To read more about these items read the Winter 2021 newsletter.
Updates to Daily Guide View Statistics & LibApps Profile from Springshare
- Statistics are now sorted by date by default.
- Daily views statistics are now limited to the past 12 months.
- Statistics older than 12 months are available on a monthly aggregated basis.
- Added Pronouns section been added to LibApps Profile.
Not sure how to find the Statistics for your guides or to update your Profile? Check out the Statistics and First Steps links on the RILINK Schools LibGuides CMS Users Guide.
World Book Widgets
- Early People
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Living Green
If the embed code or link was added using Rich Text , they need to be remove manually.
New World Book widgets and links have been added to the RILINK Managed Widgets, Docs, and Videos Guide.
- World Book Activity Corner
- World Book EncyclopÃ©die DÃ©couverte
- World Book Timelines
- World Book eBook
- World Book Early Learning
- World Book Dramatic Learning
- World Book Banco de contenidos aulaPalenta- Direct Link coming soon!
Read these guidelines before reusing content from this guide.
AskRI.org is working on updating the list of direct URLs to all World Book resources. As soon as it is available, we will send it to the RILINK list.
Link Checker Tool
Please run Link Checker under the Tools menu on the orange command bar once a month. Links added as the Content Type Link are automatically checked every 7 days. Currently, over 6000 links have potential problems. Sort by last name to see just yours.
Common reasons the links are flagged are
- out of date
- no longer available
- not https//
Links added to Rich Text are not checked. At the summer conference, Joyce Valenza suggested an incentive for students who report broken links. This is one way to address these.