Happy New Year
Just wanted to say hello and give you guys an update on what Bonnie and I are doing. We came to California to spend Christmas with our family and the Church we attend here has an annual corporate 21 day fast so we thought it would be a great idea to be here for the fast and just take a time of rest while we seek God's direction on our ministry in China. I plan on going to the doctor and get a good check up, my blood pressure has been a little high so I thought it would give me the chance to get it down as well. Our plan is to return to Kunming China on March 8th. We will be doing some fund raising while here in the states to prepare us for another year. We both feel that God said this was a time of Rest, Reflection and Renewal. We will take a much needed rest as well as reflect back over the past year, taking a good look at what worked well in our ministry as well as those things that didn't go so well so that we can learn and grow and possibly change up a few things and then finally receiving a renewal and rejuvenation from God for the next season. I would like to thank you for partnering with us both spiritually as well as financially. The gifts sown both from you guys personally and your church provided us the chance to speak into the lives of hundreds of Chinese students over the past year. We love you guys and will continue to send updates and reports. Happy New Year from the Swearingen Clan, I have included of couple pictures of my daughters, Tasha and Keisha and some of our grandchildren. They all took me skiing yesterday at Lake Tahoe, by the way I dislike the cold and snow and you know the old saying "white men can't jump", well this man can't ski, it was a rough day.
Kevin and Bonnie
- Please pray about partnering with us financially so that we can continue building relationships with the unreached people groups of Southeast Asia. We are believing for at least 100 people to partner with us financially for as little as $15.00 a month, this will allow us to continue to spread the gospel to the unreached people groups of Southeast China.
- Our plans to visit Nagaland and Nepal in late November and December to speak to local missionaries and leaders as well as visit some orphanages in a very poor area- have now been changed to the late summer of 2016. Please pray that I would have the guidance and direction needed.
- We would like to see more of the locals rise up and begin to lead areas of ministry in the local churches, outreach centers, life groups and English corners.
- We are beginning to really see an outpouring of grace and a hunger in the lives of the students here and are in need of more laborers.
- Our lease on the apartment we were in ended on January 10th, please pray that we have the direction we need to know where to go and that we have the finances needed for moving in that direction.
- Please, please feel free to leave some comments or even send an e-mail- it is so nice to hear from people back home and to know that we are not forgotten, especially during those times of Hiddenness.