Jose and Marelyn
-France nickname: "The hexagon"(six -sided country)
-Lille is another important city that has textile factories, chemical plants and steel mills.
-Bordeaux has a reputation for producing the best wines
- The Alps hindered movement between France and Italy. To fix the problem they built a tunnel.
- Three cities are Cannes, Nice, Saint- Tropez.
- Marseilles; is the busiest seaport in France and the second most active in all western Europe.
- Resources found here are iron and coal.
-One of the most famous conquerors of all time, Charlemagne set up efficient government in his realm
-Germany invaded them and Napoleon Bonaparte help them out
Language and Culture
-Language of France is French
- French was spoken only in and around Paris. As the French kings expanded their control, they decreed that the language of Paris became the language of all the land they ruled
-Dialect- a particular form of a language that is peculiar to a specific region or social group
-New French words are published in officials dictionaries only if they are approved by the French academy is to preserve the purity of French language
Claude Monet and Pierre August Renoir
Paris is the cultural center of France
Louvre is a famous museum in Paris,France
The US and France relationship has improved