Summer Level UPdate
A letter from Ms. Dandelet
Level Up Academy Families -
Our LUA Team has been busy this summer getting ready for your child/ren and another great year at LUA! We have lots going on and want to make sure you don't miss a thing. This newsletter holds the important dates you will want to know before school begins. Please mark your calendars so you and your child/ren can have a successful start to the school year.
We are glad you are choosing to be a part of Level Up Academy! Thank you for being a part of our community and family. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.
Enjoy the rest of your summer! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Molly, Director Level Up Academy
Mark Your Calendars! Details below.
Tuesday, August 7 - 8:00-4:00 - Volunteer Day at LUA!
Wednesday, August 8 - 8:00-Noon - Volunteer Day at LUA!
Wednesday, August 15 - 6:00 - LUA School Board MeetingWednesday, August 29 - 5:00 - 7:00 - Back to School Night/Meet your Teacher Night
Wednesday, September 5 - First Day of School!!
Friday, September 28 (Time TBD) - Our first of several FREE Friday Family Fun Nights!
Each student will bring the following items to Back to School Night
(These can be dropped off any Tuesday during our summer office hours (9-4:00) as well) -
- 20 dollars for supplies
- 1 Pair of Headphones (over the ear for K-2 - over the ear OR earbuds for 3-8)
- One LUA T-shirt* (5 dollars)
That's it! Here's how your money will be divided -
- 14 dollars will go to supplies in your child's classroom
- 4 dollars will go to supplies in the LUA STEAM Lab
- 1 dollar will go to supplies for PE
- 1 dollar will go to supplies for Music
*Our LUA T-shirts are worn on some field trips and during LUA events throughout the year. If your child has an LUA T-shirt that still fits, there is no need to purchase a new one.
As always, if you wish to give MORE than the suggested amount for supplies and t-shirts, we are taking donations for our LUA Scholarship Fund - supporting our LUA families in need.
Meet your teachers and see your classroom!
- Meet your teachers and see your classrooms!
- Sign-up Music Lessons - Band, Orchestra, Piano!
- Sign-up for afterschool dance lessons with Just for Kix!
- Buy an LUA T-shirt!
- Get a tutorial on how to use our student information system - JMC!
- Register for Before and After Care! New - Earlier Hours!
- Fill out emergency forms - updates needed by all families each year!
- Get your Carpool Sign!
- Grab a September lunch menu!
- Meet new teachers, see old friends, be a part of the excitement, have fun!
First Day of School is WEDNESDAY, September 5th!!
- School hours are 9:15 - 3:30
- Students can be dropped off every day as early as 9:00 am. Before 9 our doors are locked. Please wait with your child/ren in your car until the doors open.
- After 9:15, each day, your child/ren will be marked tardy.
- We recommend that students who ride the bus take the bus on the first day. Mr. Juhlke will be at Matoska the first few days to help LUA kids find their way to the LUA bus. Being a part of this system on the first day will help your child/ren learn the system with LUA staff support.
- Carpoolers will be released at 3:30. Please have your carpool sign on your dash so we can input your family's name for dismissal purposes. Students MUST be picked up by 3:45. As per our regular routine, any child at school after 3:45 will be sent to aftercare where - emergency drop-off fees will apply.
- And remember, saying goodbye in the car and letting LUA teachers guide your child to their classroom is the BEST way to transition your child into their school routine. We highly recommend not walking your child to their classroom as it can prolong hardships for those students who are sad to say good-bye. We, teachers, have been doing this a long time - we've got your child's/ren's best interest in mind! Let us help establish reliable relationships with your child/ren day 1! We've got this!