What is competition?
Do you know someone in cheerleading?
Do you know someone in competition cheerleading?
Cheerleading has always been perceived to be a club to cheer everyone up, when it should be renown as a competition and more importantly a sport.
- competitions - Nancy Lesko.
- injuries - Angela Armenta.
- 412 different teams, avg. 21 per team
- 83% of injuries happened in practice
- most common injury was the side bases/spotters
- most common injury was the ankle, 15%
- 28.3% of injuries resulted in a trip to the ER
- Boden and Rowe had found that 2 hour practice can lead to catastrophic injuries, long term, 17 head injuries 13 being skull fractures, 2 ending in death
- 8 cervical injuries
- 3 spinal cord injuries