The Warrior Watch
September 18, 2023 - No. 4
The Power of a Positive Educator
More from Jon Gordon -
Develop Positive Relationships – Author Andy Stanley once said, "Rules without relationship lead to rebellion." To develop positive relationships, you need to enhance communication, build trust, listen to them, make time for them, recognize them, show them you care through your actions and mentor them. Take the time to give them your best and they will give them your best.
Show you Care – It’s a simple fact. The best educators stand out by showing their students and colleagues that they care about them. Standardized test scores rise when teachers make time to really know their students. Teamwork is enhanced when educators know and care about one another. The most powerful form of positive energy is love and this love transforms students, people and schools when it is put into action. Create your own unique way to show your students and colleagues you care about them!
campus #livepurple video challenge
BHS issued the challenge to the other campuses - to create a #LivePURPLE video.
Bailey Inglish and L.H. Rather answered the challenge with their version of #LivePURPLE!
senior parking spots
Seniors and their families have been busy designing and painting their Senior Parking Spot over the past few weeks - I will showcase several each week until you have seen them all!
september students of the month
Finley-Oates - ghanshyam shah
I.W. Evans - Kaylie skidmore
L.H. Rather - Drake Taylor
BHS - Cesli Crum
BHS - Rylan Lincecum
hoco parade '23
Last year, I watched the Homecoming Parade from the bed of a truck. This year we decided we wanted in on the action - and I was glad we did. Riding around the square and seeing all the smiling faces and pride for our students was better than I imagined it to be.
HUGE shout out to the Bonham Athletic Booster Club for letting us ride in style in the parade!
Thankful for Tiffany Roberts, Katie Knowlton and Kaylah Segleski for making our ride LivePURPLE!!
Blessed to have staff like Tayler Hughes and Cathie Patton for ensuring the parade went off without a hitch!
Appreciative of the Sam Lumpkins and Bonham Chamber of Commerce for sponsoring the event!
gnome school @ Bailey Inglish
Thanks to Mike Barkley, BISD Network Administrator, all 3 and 4 year old gnomes have access to a free and appropriate public education in the tree on the corner of Chestnut and 13th St. Construction on the state-of-the-art facility was completed over the weekend!!
warham alumni recognized at the pep rally
Standing L to R: Kade Trompler, Ethan Brooks, Randy Pendergrass, Richard Stinson, Colton Connalis, Randy Patton, Fletcher Horton, Milton Brown, Braedon Benson
Front L to R: Blake Benson, Jake Caylor
bhs homecoming queen, princesses and duchesses
Freshman Duchess: Emma Walker
Sophomore Duchess: Princess Arrey
Queen: Kimberly Aguilar
Freshman Duchess: Kimberly Manual
Senior Princess Gracie White, Senior Princess Kylee Trompler, Queen Kimberly Aguilar and Senior Princess Kaitana Hill
t-shirt of your choosing on wednesday
ice cream floats on Friday morning
next board meeting - today
Relay for Life
walk 4 hope
bisd fall service project - spirit of giving
- Mon. Sept. 18 - LHR VB @ Howe (7B 8B 7A 8A); 5:00
- Tue. Sept. 19 - BHS VB @ Pottsboro (JV2/JV, V); 5:00
- Thur. Sept. 21 - BHS Cross Country @ Emory Rains; 8:00 AM
- Thur. Sept. 21 - LHR FB @ Commerce; 5:00
- Thur. Sept. 21 - BHS JV FB @ Home (Commerce); 5:30
- Fri. Sept. 22 - School Technology Appreciation Day
- Fri. Sept. 22 - BHS VB @ Howe (V, JV/JV2); 4:30
- Fri. Sept. 22 - BHS FB @ Commerce; 7:00
- Mon. Sept. 25 - LHR VB @ Home (Blue Ridge) (7B 8B 7A 8A); 4:30
- Wed. Sept. 27 - BHS Cross Country @ Lindsey; 8:00 AM
- Wed. Sept. 27 - LHR Cross Country @ Lindsey; 4:00
- Thur. Sept. 28 – LHR FB @ Home (Mt. Vernon); 5:00
- Thur. Sept. 28 – BHS JV FB @ Mt. Vernon; 5:30
- Fri. Sept. 29 – BHS VB @ Leonard (V, JV/JV2); 4:30
- Fri. Sept. 29 – BHS FB @ Home (Mt. Vernon) - SENIOR NIGHT; 7:00
- Sat. Sept. 30 - LHR VB Tournament @ Bonham (A Teams); Time TBA