Week TWENTY-ONE: February 8th
A Weekly Staff Bulletin
This bulletin details the upcoming week, I encourage you to read through it and let me know if you have any questions.
This week will conclude with Valentine's Day Parties - please make sure to talk with your room moms if you have anything specific you want for the party.
Short week this week and then a long weekend - you deserve it Eagles!
RULE OF THE WEEK #3
Serrano is a Bully Free Zone
Over the last two weeks, we have been plagued with instances of less-than-nice behavior. Although this has been more frequent amongst the upper graders, please use this time to discuss with your class how being nice to friends and building good character in and out of class is one of their most important jobs at Serrano.
Possible things to highlight:
- Playground Behavior
- Losing Gracefully
- Golden Rule
Duty Schedule Reminder
- 7:45-8 lunch tables: Vigneault
- 8-8:15 blacktop: Cycenas
- 10:15-10:30 blacktop: Ivory
- 10:15-10:30 big apple, looking to playground: Coony
- 10:35-10:50 primary swings, east: Pettibone
- 10:35-10:50 lunch benches and blue playground: King
- 2:20-2:35 stairs with bus, near computer lab: Strawn
- 2:20-2:35 entrance to parking lot/ sidewalk near Kinder: Rutledge
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk near library: Karr
- 2:20-2:35 center island: Welch
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk by office: Schmuhl
FREE FROM DUTY:
Ilinescu, Raidmae/O'Hare, Cinadr, Backham, Fisher
- Water Assembly 1st & 2nd Grade in Library
- 2:30p walk with Les from Nursery to plan for Beautification Day
- Ashley at DO for Principal's Meeting 12p-5p
- SLAB after school - Room 24
- Ice Cream Sales TODAY - not Friday
- Foundation Meeting - 7p in Lounge
- SBAC with Cycenas 9:30a in computer lab
- SBAC with Schmuhl 8:00a in computer lab
- 4th-6th GATE Testing 8:30 - Room 12
- Kinders walk to VP Post Office
- Modified Wednesday - STAFF LOUNGE for ELD Purposeful Grouping GLAD Training with Misty; 1:45-3p - later start time, please be on time as we will start right at 1:45p
- 2:45p - College Signing Day - Pick a School to represent in 2016-2017
- 6th Grade Parent CV Meeting @ CV from 7p-8p
- Valentine's Day Parties
- SBAC with Pettibone 8:30a in computer lab
- Wear your Valentine's Colors to show your Eagle Spirit
- 1p - DO Tech Walk for Serrano (I will walk with DO personnel to discuss technology integration and continued support at Serrano. Nothing needed but may poke our heads in a few classrooms to see technology)
- Mrs. Vigneault's Birthday
- NO SCHOOL - PRESIDENT'S WEEKEND
- NO SCHOOL MONDAY EITHER!
SEE YOU TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 16th!
- MXL Log - Jane has done a GREAT job of tracking our students who attend MXL and for the reason. Please feel free to use the log as evidence in a conference, should you need it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m7NXsKWPtf0X0LDF6AOcWv5Q5MpTU2vvypQmiuT_pq0/edit?usp=sharing
4th - 6th Grade GATE - Test Wed at 8:30 in Room 12. Please send the following:
Our second CAST Meeting is coming soon and the meetings are scheduled for February 18th.
The CAST Referral Form is attached for any students you may be bringing up, please fill out and bring to CAST Meeting. I will be getting a Schedule to you the week of CAST and providing you a list of CAST students and the interventions discussed in the last CAST meeting.
Please remember to set up a time with Pam to administer the first of two SBAC blocks in February (reminder - each class Grades 3-6 needs to administer an ELA and a Math block). If you pick the block and the date and time with Pam, I will be there to help administer the test and walk you through the whole thing. (Note - Sharon - your 2nd graders can take the 3rd grade block too so you do not need to figure out a time to split your class). Below are the Block options (see link) - remember that if the block has an essay or constructed response question - that means there is grading needed to get scores. My suggestions is that, at least, the first block you might want to select one that does not have any essays or constructed response items. You will want to schedule about 45 minutes for the first one as it will probably take about 20 minutes to get logged in the first time. **Thank you for finding some time for me :) And please ask if you have questions.
Block Details: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/ca/iabhandscoring.asp
College Signing Day
Pick a College to Represent in 2016-2017
Wednesday, Feb. 10th, 2:45pm
Serrano Staff Lounge
Physical Education Standards
If you plan on utilizing some time throughout the week to fulfill your 100 weekly minutes of PE, please make sure you are leading activities that are in line with the State of California PE Standards and if you have questions or would like suggestions about activities, please see Mrs. McLeary. It is very important that the safety of kids is a top priority in any physical education activity. Thank you for your help in this endeavor.