8th GRADE Homework Newsletter
Sept. 12th - Sept. 16th
Teachers: Mrs. Collins, Mrs. Tew, Mrs. Herren, and Coach Ragan
8th Grade Pre-Algebra Tutorial Schedule
Monday- Coach Ragan (rm 157)
7:25 - 7:50
Monday- Mrs. Collins (rm 155)
3:15 - 4:15
Tuesday- Mrs. West (rm 175)
Wednesday- Mrs. Tew (rm 158)
Thursday- Mrs. Herren (rm 153)
3:15 - 4:15
8th Grade ELA - Mrs. Bloomer, Mrs. Lamb, Mrs. Vader
TESTS THIS WEEK:
Monday - Common Assessment #1
Wednesday - Academic Vocabulary #1
- Students who do not complete class assignments during the 90-minute class period should finish as homework and turn it in the next day.
- Students with make-up work are also required to complete this work as homework. For each day absent, the student has one day to complete the assignment.
Tuesday after school - Mrs. Lamb
Wednesday after school - Mrs. Bloomer
Thursday before school - Mrs. Vader
Help for students is available these days.
8th grade ELA - Ms. Sharp's Class
Tuesday: Cursive T and U due, Sent. Structures due; No Homework
Wednesday: Cursive V and W - due tomorrow
Thursday: Cursive V and W due; No Homework
Friday: No Homework --- READING LOG DUE
Tutorial Help Available After School each day until 3:45 P.M.
8th GRADE ADVANCED ELA - MRS. CAMPBELL
- Embedded Assessment #1 Due (Late if not submitted)
- Greek & Latin Root Quiz on Tuesday, September 27
- Homework each week is any unfinished classwork.
- Students should read daily. We visit our school library on Wednesdays and will be reading/listening to new stories each week to encourage outside-of-class reading.
- Book Reports due Friday, September 30th.
Tutorials: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday after school until 4:15.
Mrs. Turner, Mr. Crosby, Mrs. Wishart, Coach Podsednik
This Week in American History:
Monday, Sept 12th:
VQ T3, 21-22 (due 9/13)
IXL_K.9 (assigned 9/9; due 9/13)
Tuesday, Sept 13th:
Study for Exam
Wednesday, Sept 14th:
Thursday, Sept 15th:
VQ T4, 1-3 (due 9/16)
Friday, Sept 16th:
VQ T4, 4-5 (due 9/19)
Also the Learning Lab is open to all students before school form 7:30 - 7:50 A.M. and after school from 3:15 - 4:00 P.M.
Teachers: Mrs. Reed, Coach Hollingsworth and Mrs. Vent
Science Tutorials Tuesday 3:15-3:45
with Mrs Reed or Mrs Vent
This Week (Sept 19-23):
Common Assessment Corrections Due on/before Friday
Chemical Reaction Vocabulary and Notes Due Friday
Open Note Chemical Reactions Quiz Friday