BCMS Parent Newsletter
Building a Legacy of Excellence, One Student at a Time
Greetings, parents! We desperately need your help! This newsletter contains urgent information for parents:
- Free Baker County Health Department Vaccine event this coming Tuesday
- Free upcoming sports physicals for both boys (3/8) and girls (3/15)
- Request for students to bring their ID badges to the school, cafeteria, and library
- Free TDAP booster shot clinic on April 5th at BCMS
- Mandatory parent meeting for students interested in trying out for cheerleading, majorettes, and/or dance
- We are awaiting a new physical packet from the Florida High School Athletic Association that we believe may be published this week. If we receive the new packet, we will send it out in another communication next week.
We have also included other additional information that may be of interest to you and your student. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at (904) 259-2226 if you have any questions or need further clarification.
Student Identification Badges Are Required
In addition to the automated messages, the new computer system does not allow students to enter their lunch numbers. Students need to scan their identification badges when going through the lunch line. Students without badges must have their names manually entered in the system. Help us get your child fed in a timely manner; encourage them to keep track of and bring their student identification badge to school each and every day. They should have a specific location in their backpack where they always put their ID badge.
Free TDAP Booster Clinic at BCMS
Save yourself time, money, and effort, let the Baker County Health Department administer the TDAP to your child at school. What do you need to do? Just complete the form that was sent home with your child's progress report today and return it to the school. The permission form is due by March 29th. On April 5th, BCMS will host this free TDAP clinic. For your convenience, a copy of the form has been linked below.
If you are interested in getting the shot administered at the health department instead of school, the Baker County Health Department will be hosting a free clinic on Tuesday, March 7th, at their facility.
Do You Need Assistance?
The Baker County School District prohibits any policy or procedure which results in discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or legally-protected characteristic in its programs and activities including employment opportunities.
The District’s Equity Coordinator, Robin Mobley, can be contacted at 270 South Boulevard East, Macclenny, Florida 32063 or by phone (904) 259-0427.