Sunday, September 27th, 2015
Dear FMS Staff,
Focus for the week->reflect on the way you speak to your students. What does your tone, your body language, your word choice truly communicate? How does it help build a positive teacher-student relationship? How could it hinder? Take a moment to read one of the resources below and discuss during team plan this week:
Thank you so much for all you do to make our school an amazing place to learn for students and adults!
Fall Student-Led Conferences
What's Happening this Week?
- 6th grade is up for lesson plans this week. We will then continue the rotation.
- PD plans were due Friday the 18th for certified staff. Please share these with me electronically if you haven't already.
- Let's fill those boxes for the first staff challenge! See Jan's email for more information.
- Lead team meets Monday at 3:35 in Shrout's room. Our focus this week is to solidify building goals to bring to the staff at our next PD day.
Improving Communication between School and Home
Thanks so much for your help in improving the communication between our school and families. See me with any questions.
1. Please remind students that this intervention is made especially for them. We truly are trying to meet the individual needs of all 521 FMS students. If a student isn't doing a genius hour project yet, it is ok and please be sure that they know this.
2. Please discuss in team/dept this week shifts needed for our next WIN rotation, which will begin on Wednesday, October 7th.