Friday Wrap Up
Quarter 4 ILPs- DUE TODAY!
What should I be doing?
1. Complete ILPs: Remember students who are brand new this quarter need an initial ILP; whereas, returning students need only an ILP update. These are conversations on progress in content classes, education goals, career plans, etc.
2. Document ILPs with the correct template in TVS:
- For directions on how to complete and document an ILP please reference sharepoint.
- Breadcrumbs: SharePoint California Managed Schools > Teams > IS-CALA > Insight Manual > Individualized Learning Plans
If you have any questions please ask you lead!
- InsightSD hit 95% participation for CST
Great job everyone! Testing this season has been a great success. We have just a few more students testing today and a few set for next week. If you have a student that still needs to be tested, please work to schedule a 1/1. We are continuing to proctor the SBAC until we have tested 100% of our students.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our final day for CST testing is 5/31/16, while our final day for SBAC testing is 6/17/16.
For those of you that have paper materials to return please keep in mind the following:
*You will need to return:
-ALL test booklets (used or unused)
-ALL answer documents (used or unused)
-Sign In Sheets
-Driver’s Consent Forms
*You DO NOT need to return:
-DFA’s (Directions for Administration)
-Pencils (You may keep them for next year testing, otherwise we will have new pencils to send out next year)
You should have received a return shipment label with your materials. In some situations (such as emergency packages, make-ups, and 1:1 sessions) you may have not received a label.
*Send back all materials using a UPS Return Shipment Label from the Main Office:
Important Note: Please make sure to use a return shipment label from the main office. Any materials sent back not using our return shipment label, may cause inventory errors that will delay returning materials to the state.
If you have any questions, please contact your HLT
2016-2017 Course Pacing Guides
Now that we are coming into the final stretch of this school year, it is time to plan for the future! Next school year, all courses will follow pacing guides developed by you, our fabulous expert teachers! Previously emailed to all teachers, on 5/19, were instructions on and a recommended timeline for creating these pacing guides, as well as the template to use.
- Your first step in this process will be to reach out to your partner teacher to determine a schedule of meeting dates/times to work on this project. I have a few things I’d like to go over with each team individually, so I am asking that you invite me to your first meeting. Please try to have this first meeting prior to next Thursday the 26th – just let me know the details and I will try my best to make it fit with my schedule.
Pacing Guide Task
Weeks 1-3 (days 1-15): Monday, 5/30
Week 4-6 (days 16-30): Friday, 6/10
Week 7-9 (days 31-45): Thursday, 6/23
Final Draft :Monday, 6/27Editions & Revisions: Prior to Q1 start
Quarter 4 Work Records
- The work Record roster is now posted in SP. If there is a student missing from the roster and you need to do a work record on them, simply add them to your list.
- Remember if you are part of the virtual work record pilot program to refer to those directions on uploading into Pathways. If you need those again, please let me know and I will send them your way.
Please let me know if there are any questions.
Homeroom Live Sessions
2016 Summer School Options for Insight Students
2016 Summer School Options for Insight Students
If students are registering for summer school, please have them contact their Student Support Specialist for assistance in choosing summer school course. We want to ensure that the course is meeting the high school graduation requirements.
The following information has been shared with all Insight students:
1. Local High School: Insight students can take courses at their local high school. Please check with those local schools for their enrollment policies.
2. Community College: Insight students may take courses at their local community college. Please check with the college regarding their enrollment policies.
3. Online School: Insight will accept summer school courses from most accredited schools. Please K-mail your Student Support Specialist if you have questions about other summer school programs. Copy and paste the links below into your browser to learn about the summer programs. Please contact the school directly for their enrollment policy and to sign up for summer courses.
· BYU Online HS http://is.byu.edu/
· Keystone http://keystoneschoolonline.com/
· National University Online HS http://www.k12.com/courses/summer-school-courses.html
· Laurel Springs http://laurelsprings.com/high-school/part-time-summer/
· Opportunity for eLearning http://oflvirtual.com/ Free summer school available for students in the Los Angeles area. Many courses are A-G approved.
· Cal Pac Charter Schools http://www.cal-pacs.org/ Free summer school option - students must reside in one of these counties: Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego or Ventura. Please obtain the summer school form for Cal Pac from your Student Support Specialist.
Due Dates and Reminders
May 9- 27: Q4 ILP Update Window
May 20th: LP10 begins (5/20-6/17)
May 30th- Holiday (memorial day)
May 31st: Teacher calendars due
June 17th: End of Q4
Jun 21st: Q4 Gradebooks due
June 22nd and 24th- LA and SJ Graduation
June 24th: Q4 Work records due
June 30th: Teacher Calendars due