Ranger News: Week of June 1, 2020
From the Principal
The 2019-2020 school year has concluded...well, almost. There is still a need to exchange student belongings, library books, instruments and the like; and also a need to recognize the outstanding achievement of Ranger students through our virtual awards programs for each grade level.
Regarding awards, be on the look out for a special Awards Program SMORE in the coming days that will contain links to recorded teacher presentations to top students in each class. Top grade level awards and extra-curricular awards will also be included.
Student retrieval and exchange of materials is scheduled to occur via a drive-thru service much like the device pick-up process. The map below this letter shows the route that should be followed, and visitors are reminded to remain in their vehicle while volunteer staff retrieve and exchange student materials. To help manage traffic, the following schedule should be followed:
- On Wednesday, June 3, from 12-6 pm, students with last names beginning with A--M can retrieve items.
- On Thursday, June 4, from 12-6 pm, students with last names beginning with N--Z can retrieve items.
- On Friday, June 5, from 9 am - 12 pm, any students unable to come earlier in the week can retrieve items.
Not all students have materials for pickup. To help families plan, a robocall will be sent to parents and guardians on Monday evening to inform if your student either does or does not have a reason to pickup belongings. You are still encouraged to visit if materials need to be returned, but there would be no reason otherwise if your student does not have a bag of belongings.
A few important notes regarding the exchange process.
- All visitors should remain in their vehicles.
- Chromebooks need not be returned at this time unless the student is not returning to Warren next year.
- Yearbooks - it is uncertain if yearbooks will arrive by Wednesday. Regardless, a robocall and email will be sent to those that ordered to give direction of the need for pickup.
- Report cards and awards will be mailed for those that do not visit RP.
This has been an exciting school year! Raymond Park doors opened in July as the first year of a 5-8, single-school configuration. The year ended with the final term be completed online. Through the year's entirety, students, staff and the community worked collaboratively to overcome its many challenges, and I am proud of the efforts by all!
Questions remain about what the 20-21 school year will look like. A plan will be determined and communicated in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, I am hopeful that you remain safe and healthy. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.
John Kleine, Principal
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
317.532-8900 ext. 8960
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8910
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 6508
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
317.622.6851 (text only, please)
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8909