The Preschool Press
May 6, 2022
A Note From the Director
Thank you to all the moms and family who attended our May Crowning. It was wonderful bringing this event back to its original format for the first time in three years. I know Mary is smiling in heaven knowing how much the children love her! I hope all of you have a very happy Mother's Day this Sunday.
Next Friday is Field Day. Please see important information below about the day.
There are only a few activities left for the end of the year. Please make note of the dates below:
May 6th NO AFTERCARE
May 10th Owl Teacher Appreciation Lunch
May 11th Owl Field Trip MakeUp
May 12th Spirit Dress
May 13th Field Day-Spirit Dress
May 19th Frog/Otter Field Trip
May 27th Last Day Noon Dismissal
Next Week at a Glance
Teacher Appreciation Lunch-Owls
Spirit Dress-Wear Your Field Day T-shirt
Spirit Dress-Wear Your Field Day T-shirt
The awesome Marquette trash bag delivery is coming soon. We need volunteers to help make delivery possible. Please see the sign up genius below. Also, if you participated in trash bag sales, follow the link below to reserve your time for pick up. Our storage space is limited so it's important to sign up for a time to pick up your bags. Thank you for all of the support of this fundraiser.
Parent Pick-up Sign Up
Directions: please sign up using parent name and email and list child’s/children’s name in the comment. Pick up will occur under the Porte cochere.
Volunteer Sign Up
2022-2023 School Supplies for K-8
As a convenience for parents, our Marquette Home and School Association has an online school supply option for K-8. Families are not required to use this program for school supplies – you may also use the site to get supply lists and purchase on your own. These supplies are for K-8 ONLY, not ECDC. The deadline to order online is May 30, 2022.
If you are interested in purchasing school supplies follow these instructions.
- Go to www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks
- Enter the school ID: MAR178
- Follow the directions to complete your order. Please note, that sales tax will be applied at checkout.
- Keep your online confirmation as your receipt.
Parents of incoming Kindergarten students will need to purchase a rest mat via this sale OR use your mat from ECDC. PK4 and Frog students will come home with their rest mats at the end of this school year. If you would prefer to purchase a new mat, please note the item is listed separately from the Kindergarten pack on the website.
School supplies will be available for pick up at the Marquette porte-cochere in August. More information regarding the date/time will come later.
Gymnastics for 22-23
Attention Incoming Kindergarteners: Gymnastics is offered at Marquette after school on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday and is taught by Cherie Veit who has been teaching your children fitness at the Marquette ECDC. Class space is limited and there is usually a wait list. Tuition is $62/month plus a one-time enrollment fee of $25.
If you would like to reserve a spot for after school gymnastics at the big school next year, contact Cherie Veit to save a spot!
2022-23 School Calendar
I am pleased to share that next year’s academic calendar has been set and is attached for your convenience. In addition to holidays, teacher in-service days, and seasonal events worth noting, all major fundraising events are also included—RISE Trivia Night, MHSA Auction, and Boots ‘N BBQ! It is my hope that this schedule of events helps your family effectively plan for the upcoming year.
Additionally, below are changes that parents should be aware of for the 2022-23 academic year.
Quarterly Noon Dismissal Days: The professional and spiritual development of our teachers is paramount to our success. Therefore, each quarter (see calendar) our teachers will convene for a half-day of professional development. Both the ECDC and K-8 will dismiss at 12:00 p.m. and no aftercare will be provided. We acknowledge this new program will require additional planning for families as it pertains to childcare as we focus on maintaining the highest level of classroom instruction.
Chick-fil-A Wednesdays: The Chick-fil-A lunch fundraiser organized by the 8th grade will now be offered on Wednesdays instead of Friday. Traditionally in the Church, abstinence from meat was observed every Friday. We want to honor this option for all students and families.
Other Notable Schedule Changes: We have consolidated back-to-school events to decrease the number of evening requirements. There will now be two Meet the Teacher Days with popsicles on the playground and no additional back-to-school events. In December, the beloved Santa Breakfast tradition will also feature Wreaths for RISE as we look to make that morning a one-stop festivity for our families during one of the busiest times of the year.
As we continue striving to build the kingdom of God in our students, classrooms, and community, thank you for all you do for the ECDC.
Field Day-May 13th
- The ECDC schedule for Field Day is below. Please be aware that Field Day at ECDC following the fun run is limited to our playground, therefore it is not open for parents to drop in like at the big school. We have plenty of staff coverage to facilitate the day. Most of the campus will be used for the K-8 field events. Please drive carefully around the school and watch out for pedestrians at arrival and dismissal.
- Field Day requires that Quincy Ave. between 15th and 16th Streets and 16th Street between Quincy and Rockford be closed starting at 8 am. The ECDC parking lot will also be closed after 8am. Please plan ahead for drop-off on that day. IF YOU DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 8AM YOU WILL HAVE TO PARK ON THE STREET AND WALK YOUR CHILD TO THE ECDC.
- MHSA is providing pizza lunch for all the children.
- If you placed an order for your child's free Field Day t-shirt, it will come home prior to the 13th. Field Day shirts (or any spirit shirt) may be worn on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th.
- Due to limited space and supervision, children who are not enrolled in school on Fridays may not attend Field Day.
Summer Play Days 2022
Summer Play Days registration is open. We will hold two, three week sessions on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays from 9am to 2pm.
Session One: June 6-June 24
Session Two: July 6-July 22
The cost is $50 per day. Children enrolling in PK3 next year may attend as long as they are potty trained. Questions? Contact Mrs. Bergner or Mrs. McGough.
Click HERE to register.
After School Art Class
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO