- He lived in a large family with seven siblings, 3 brothers and 4 sisters.
- During his lifetime, Shakespeare wrote 37 plays and 154 sonnets.
- Shakespeare married his wife Anne Hathaway when he was 18, she was 26 and 3 months pregnant.
- The International Astronomy Union named some of Uranus' moons after characters in Shakespeare's plays.
- Shakespeare is the second most quoted writer in the English language, only after the various writers of the bible.
- Shakespeare's original globe theatre was burnt to the ground in 1613 when a cannon lit the roof on fire during a performance of Henry VIII.
- Some pictures depict him wearing a gold earring.
- His shortest play is The Comedy of Errors, only being 1,770 lines long.
- There are over 80 different recorded variations for how Shakespeare wrote his own name.
- Shakespeare cursed his own grave when he died. His grave still remains undisturbed to this day.
Glum, Julia. "William Shakespeare's Birthday: 20 Interesting Facts About The Life And Plays Of 'The Bard'" Ibtimes. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2015.
"10 Things You Didn’t Know About William Shakespeare." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2015.
"Shakespeare: 10 Things You Didn't Know." The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group, n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2015.