The Sonoma Ranch Elementary School Principal's Newsletter
Year 8 Issue 247
We Engage We Educate We Inspire
Hello Stallion Families!
Welcome back from Fall Break! I hope everyone enjoyed some time away from the hustle and bustle of school. We begin the second quarter of the school year on Tuesday! This starts a busy time of year for everyone. And with it being October of course our students are already excited about Halloween! Yes we will be doing our Halloween Monster Mash Parade again this year, with students being allowed to wear their costumes to school in the morning for the parade. More details to come on this wonderful SRE tradition!
Wednesday Early Release Days
Below are snapshots from our professional development time on the 6th. The teachers were exploring specific instructional strategies that can be used to further student learning. They did a great job througout this activity!
A big THANK YOU
Who wants to pull the Fire Alarm!
PTSO is selling raffle tickets this week only for a chance to pull the fire alarm!
- 1 ticket for $1
- 6 tickets for $5
- 12 tickets for $10
Information and envelopes were sent home with Stallions on the Friday before Fall Break.
Winner will be drawn Friday October 12th at the end of the day!
If you have any questions please email PTSO at firstname.lastname@example.org
As we return from time spent away from our normal routines, I encourage everyone to be sure that our students are free from symptoms before coming to school. It is super important that we remain focused on keeping everyone safe.
As always, should you have any questions related to Sonoma Ranch and our COVID safety measures, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com.
Requirement for All Families
We will begin reaching out to families who have not yet completed their Annual Update. Please follow the steps below to insure that your family information is correct within our system.
Below are instructions on how to complete the ‘Annual Update’ online using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Step 2 - Click on the Annual Update picture under District Announcements.
Step 3 - Follow the instructions on the screen.
If you do not have access to a computer at home, you can stop by the Ranch during school hours and use one of their kiosks.
Upcoming Spirit Days!
The Week Ahead
This Week Only - PTSO Fire Drill Raffel Sales!
- Spirit Day! It is Workout Day @ the Ranch! Everyone is encouraged to wear their workout gear to school! Headbands are encourged! Maybe even some leg warmers!
- Student Council General Meeting after school
- PTSO meets at 7:00 PM in the library.
- Wednesday is an early release day. All students will be dismissed at 1:55 PM on Wednesday. After students depart our teachers will meet for professional learning communitiies.
- All students will dismiss at 1:55 PM.
- Purple Day at the Ranch. Our Kindergarteners continue learning their colors, and to show our support and encourage their learning, everyone is encouraged to wear purple on Thursday!
- NEHS Exec meeting before school.
- Stallion Style Day! Everyone is encouraged to wear their Stallion Gear or school colors!
- Fire Drill Raffle name picked @ end of day
- Young Rembrandts class meets after school
Lunch (and breakfast) is FREE
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has extended free meals for children 18 years and younger until further notice to help ensure all children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gilbert Public Schools will provide combo meals at no cost to students for breakfast and lunch. A combo meal includes an entree, fruit and/or vegetable and beverage (milk and/or juice).
We certainly encourage our families to take advantage of this opportunity.