Stop Child Labour and prevent it from happening!
It happens all around the world and it must be stopped now because enough is enough!
To stop it, you must understand it...
Have you ever wondered how it is like to experience child labour?
Well, Child Labour is happening in many forms:
Agriculture- over 60 % of child labour occurs in the agriculture industry. They face a lot of health risks from the pesticides, little or no pay, and inadequate food and water
Manufacturing - over 14 million children have been involved in the manufacturing industries. This includes production of clothing, footwear, fireworks, carpets, glass , and bricks in very harsh conditions.
Mining- These children have to carry heavy loads and break up rocks. While other have to set up explosives. The gunpowder and dust have severe health problems. They mine gold, charcoal, diamond which sadly they don't get to keep but instead have to give to their employers for very little pay.
Who is taking part in Child Labour?
Some quick facts you should know about child labour...
- There are approximately 27 million slaves present in the world today which is more than any other time in the past.
- 218 million children as young as 5 years are involved in child labor worldwide.
- Globally, 1 in every 6 children do labour jobs.
- 126 million children work in hazardous conditions, often suffering from beatings, humiliation and sexual violence by their employers.
- The highest numbers of child labourers are in the Asia/Pacific region.
to visit the UNICEF page to help stop Child Labour and other worldwide issues. UNICEF is just one organization out of the millions out there so don't limit yourself!!!