Seton School Newsletter
September 22, 2017
Absences and Tardies
Mass Day Dress Reminder
On Sunday, October 8 at 2:15 pm we will hold a pet blessing at the Seton School playground. We will invoke the intercession of St. Francis of Assisi. In order to avoid any unpleasant incident (I am thinking hypothetically of a pet falcon and a pet hamster meeting for the first time! ☺) please make sure your pet is on a leash or in a cage during the blessing.
Fr. Gideon Buya
We have had a good start to our annual magazine drive! Please consider participating and selling to your family and friends as we continue to kick-off our first fundraiser of the school year. There are only two weeks left for sales to be handed in, with the last day of the sale being Friday, October 6th. We appreciate your help in selling magazines to offset the costs of the various fun events that home and school puts on throughout the school year.
Home and School Committee
Show Support for Your Team!
Love Our Seton Pride!
An Exciting Opportunity!
We would like to include family statements about why you chose Seton or what you like about Seton School. I understand that being on camera is not always comfortable, but please consider helping us to promote our school and to share what is special about Seton. Thank you.
Here is the link to our SignUp Genius.
Volunteering- Safeguard Training
Please click the link above to register for a safeguarding class in your area today! All volunteers must complete this class and background check before they are allowed to volunteer for the school. There are two sessions located near us. One will be Thurs., Oct. 5 from 12:45-3:45 at St. Dominic. Another will be Mon., Oct. 9 starting at 6:00 in the Reinl Center at Holy Name. Please contact the school office with questions.
Scrip Signup for Mass
Special Orientation For Parents Of Students Who Will Be Receiving the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist This School Year
All parents of students at Seton School and in Faith Formation classes who will be receiving First Reconciliation (confession) and First Eucharist (communion) this school year should attend a special orientation.
When: Tues. Sept. 26th at 6:00 PM
Where: Northside Faith Formation Center (2133 North 22nd Street) By St. Dominic Parish
- Basement in English, presented by Fr. Matthew
- Aquinas Room (meeting room off of long hallway next to church), in Spanish, presented by Fr. Gideon
Only parents need to attend orientation. If you would like babysitting, call Edie at the Faith Formation office, 920-458-5390 or email email@example.com.
Things to Bring (or you can turn these things in later)
1. Registration form with dates you have chosen for special events.
2. Baptismal Certificate if your child was not baptized at Holy Name, St. Clement, or St. Dominic
3. $25 sacramental fee (check made out to St. Dominic) FF families, this was on your class registration form, so you may have paid it then. This fee covers the extra supplies for retreats and other special events.
Parking, Drop-off, and Pick-Up
School Pickup: Please park in the back parking lot behind the white line and wait for the students to be released. Please do not park or block the drive through lane, this is a high traffic area and we need to allow for free flowing traffic. Parents can park and then walk to pick up their 3K-4 students who will be waiting behind the cones with a teacher. Students in grade 5-8 may walk themselves and any younger siblings to a guardian's parked car.
3PK/4PK: Please wait outside in the back parking lot to pick up your child. The same rules as After School Pick-up Apply.
Aftercare Pick-up: Please ring the aftercare bell to gain access to the building.
Extracurriculars: Please pick up in the back parking lot.
8th Grade Families are Selling Raffle Tickets
Shop With Scrip
2. Enter our enrollment code (8E367C671848). By entering this code, your account will be associated with our non-profit organization so you can begin earning rebates!
3. Fill in all required personal information and click "I Accept."
4. Choose two security challenge questions from the list and provide the answers.