Message from the Principal
Parent Teacher Conferences were held February 28 and March 1, thank you to all the parents who were able to meet with your child's teacher and hear about their progress. If you were not able to make it and still want to visit with your child's teacher, please reach out to them directly to schedule a time.
Thank you for sharing your child with us everyday!
Math & Literacy Togetherness Event
Pizza, Math & Literacy Activities, Book Fair, and other community booths.
Book Fair will run March 24 and then March 28-31 before & after school.
Bison Ready Registration
Do you have a child who will be 5 on or before September 1st this year? If so, come attend the Kindergarten Bison Ready Screening on April 7 & 8, 2022.
Registration and screening will be held at the Hot Springs Elementary school.
- April 7 4:30-6:30
- April 8 8:00-12:00
Once the morning is full, we will open up space for the afternoon on April 8.
Registration is now available or call the office for more information.
Smarter Balance Information for grades 3-5
Below is a list of suggestions to prepare your child for April 21 & the week of April 25-28 assessments:
- Make sure your student has ample amounts of sleep each night
- Eat a healthy and filling breakfast each morning
- Make sure your child is on time each day.
- Please do not schedule appointments during this time.
- Help your child visualize success.
- Keep a positive attitude about testing around your child and emphasize their ability to demonstrate what they have learned.
Bison Fit Fundraiser
I am excited about our Bison Fit event. This year, we’re raising funds for A NEW PLAYGROUND, and we need your help! If you haven’t yet, make sure to register your student on MYBOOSTER.COM by searching for our Hot Springs Elementary. After that, please support us by gathering donations from family and friends and entering them on MYBOOSTER.COM. Your student brought home a Giving Guide yesterday—make sure to check it out to learn more about our fundraiser. Thanks for helping us make Hot Springs Elementary even better!
Be sure to check out our district website and facebook for daily updates on our fundraiser.
If you or someone you know would like to donate cash or check to the new playground, please drop off in the Elementary Office.
A few notes from the Nursing department. They are more than just helping with medical needs but also addressing the whole child.
- Please continue to send a jacket and gloves to school until we are in warmer weather.
- A clothing exchange day will be coming up in May with the PTA and the women’s sorority chapter. Exchange your child’s’ used clothing for larger sizes. More info to come by checking Tuesday’s folders in April.
- Thank you to all that participated in the dental van treatments in February. Our kiddos received $38,229 in free dental care. Our next dental van is coming Fall of 2022.
- Shout out to the PTA that helped purchase $275 in new clothing that is much appreciated for our kiddos.
Please remember that all medications given to our children during school hours need a signed release. Please contact Nurses office at 745-4264 if you have a need.
Drop off and Pick up area
Thank you for helping with this manner and ensuring our students stay safe.
Last week, the U.S. Senate released the Omnibus Appropriations bill, which did not contain language or funding to extend pandemic child nutrition waivers that allowed meals to be served at no charge to all students. As of this morning, the USDA has not released an official statement regarding waivers for the upcoming school year. Our office will provide updated information as we hear from the USDA and/or the state Child and Adult Nutrition Services office. If the USDA does not provide meals at no charge to all students, meals will most likely return to the free, reduced, or paid rate based on student income eligibility or categorical eligibility for the 22-23 school year. Again, more official information to come as we are informed.
Note: The above information does not impact this school year, meals will continue to be served at no charge to all students for the remainder of the 21-22 school year.
Please reach out to Kelli Rhoe if you have questions. Thank you.
March 14-24 Bison Fit Playground FundraiserMarch 23- 3rd Grade Music Program Doors open at 3:00 program begins at 3:15
March 24- Bison Fit All day during students specials
March 24- Math & Literacy Togetherness Event 4:30-6:30
April 4- NO SCHOOL
April 7-8 Bison Ready Registration
April 12- Hearing Screening
April 21- 5th Grade Science Assessment
April 25-28- SBAC Assessment Window for 3rd-5th students