Feb 20, 2020
Click Images for Quick Links
Hope to see you there!
ALL ARE WELCOME
VanCon is Coming!
VanCon is scheduled for Monday, June 15th at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center!!!! Mark your calendars and change your vacation plans! You don't want to miss this amazing conference experience JUST for FCS Vanguard members!
LAST CALL!!!!!! Today is the deadline: The Event Committee wants your input for VanCon!!! Please complete these few quick questions on the survey link here: https://forms.gle/Ba4ouP1CddCvmVPS7 Feedback requested by next Wednesday.
- What would you like to see at VanCon? (Concurrent Sessions, Deep Dive (longer or full day sessions), a Combination of Concurrent & Deep Dive, or Other).
- Describe your idea for presenters. (In-House Vanguard-Led, Outside Speaker/s, or Other)
- Do you enjoy having choice & options? (Yes, No, Other)
- Do you have any additional comments about VanCon?
- Would you be interested in helping with the event? If yes, what capacity?
Calling all Teacher and Professionals of the Year!
Are you Teacher or Professional of the year this year, 2019-2020 ? please share that here.
All Stipend Funds Transfers are Complete!
All bookkeepers have received a list of eligible Vanguard members and Vanchises, and funds have been transferred to the school's account. If you met the requirements by January 31st, you should see your school bookkeeper about making purchases. Remember, there is a district-wide moratorium on software purchases until the end of the school year. Therefore, you will not be able to use your funds to purchase any type of software. All other purchases must follow FCS procurement guidelines. If you have a question about what may be purchased, you should contact the purchasing department.
Stipend recipients should have received a congratulatory email from Heather Van Looy on Monday, February 10th. If you did not receive an email and you feel that you qualified for the stipend, please email Heather (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fulton Virtual School
Fulton Virtual School is currently staffing for adjunct teaching positions for the Summer 2020 term! This year, they are recruiting teachers in the following subject areas 6-12:
- CTAE – Business, Computer Science, and Healthcare
- Fine Arts – Art
- ELA – Middle and High School
- Math – High School Certification
- Social Studies – All subjects
- Science – All subjects
- World Languages – Spanish and French
Vanguard Wishes A Very Happy Birthday to
Quajulan Wimberly 2/4
Latasha Rutledge 2/5
Malena Bisanti 2/10
Ashley Ellis 2/25
Chanel Johnson 2/28
We want to celebrate our Vanguardian family. If you would like for us to recognize your birthday, please click this link.
Mrs. Sarah Sansbury, METI River Trail Middle School
Sarah recently teamed up with her 8th grade Social Studies teachers to create an interactive museum that included a makerspace, coding, circuits and 8th Grade SS Curriculum. Check out the results below!
Follow her @salaughs or visit http://rtmsreads.com/
Nominate someone or submit your own Spotlight Vanguard Member!
Vanleads, do you see any vanguard members at your school doing something awesome? Were they struggling with a tool before and are now using it? BRAG on our Vanguard members. If you see something awesome, please submit about your team member.
Please share your success stories with us! You may see your "Spotlight" in an upcoming Vanweekly!
School Lead Info
Thank you for joining us on our February Monthly call! You can find the information in our Teams channel / School Leads / Monthly Calls OR below. Don't forget to redeliver important content to your teammates monthly. Reach out with questions!
Here is the link to this month's slide deck: February School Lead Call.pptx
Key take away items from this month:
- Stipend Padlet walls / links to share with teammates
•Stipend Ideas – Padlet #1
•Stipend Ideas – Padlet #2
•Technology Stipend Ideas – by category!
- Spotlight on School Lead Carolyn Hutcheson (393 XP, shared ways to stay on top of entering XP, and described her "Other Mentoring" activities.
- Upcoming events:
- RSVP for EdCamp! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSch_L5aDW0QoTZYVyBem5CyvQJ7xXPKzImpkNU5u9fqPPY4aQ/viewform
- (CHANGE IN WEBINAR HOSTS - WE NEED SCHOOLS WITH STUDENT TECH TEAMS - See Teams post or contact Mindy Ramon to volunteer your team!)
- Mark your calendar & advertise - VanCon 2020 Monday, June 15th
- Complete the survey to have your voice heard in the VanCon planning process: https://forms.gle/Ba4ouP1CddCvmVPS7 Deadline is 2/12/2020!
- Share ways to promote Vanguard in school/district - watch video playback for interactive conversation! It was great!
- Tips & Tricks - Grading tab in Teams!
The video can be found on our stream channel (soon!) or by clicking here: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/be26a06c-8d9a-4722-b183-bda6029926ac
Attention all Vanguardians!
Attention all Elementary School Vanguardians! Interested in earning a little extra cash?
We are looking for ES Vanguard members, Seesaw Ambassadors, and experts in Standards Mastery Framework to work on a collaboration with Seesaw to help Standards Mastery Framework come alive in ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies K-5. This work requires an understanding of how to develop high quality activities in Seesaw aligned to Standards Mastery Framework Learning Targets from the Learning Maps. This work will also include searching through the Seesaw library of activities already created and aligning those activities to our Standards Mastery Framework Learning Targets from the Learning Maps.
Interested candidates should prepare a Seesaw activity aligned to any learning target on the 3.0 scale of the learning map for an FCS priority standard. The activity may be one you created, or one from the Seesaw library, which you have aligned to an FCS Priority Standard Learning Map using any Learning Target from Scale 3.0. Please take a screenshot of the activity in Seesaw and make sure that it has been labeled with the learning target and priority standard (Ex: ELAGSE3RF3_3.0_2). You will submit the activity as a part of your completed application.
Don't wait, apply today! Applications are due March 13th
Becca Goddard is hosting a webinar on February 27 at 3:00 pm to provide more information about this opportunity. Use this link to join:
+1 470-705-1712 United States, Atlanta (Toll)
Upcoming Microsoft Happenings!
Microsoft Monday February 24 4:30-5:00
Upcoming Flipgrid PD options- learn from one of Flipgrid's Innovation Leads and catch the
Dave Burgess Challenge (Teach like a Pirate)
Vanguard Leadership Team
South Learning Community & Achievement Zone
Northeast Learning Community
Northwest Learning Community
Central Learning Community
Northeast Learning Community
Northwest Learning Community
Fulton County Vanguard Team
Vision: Through building colaborative relationships and supporting student focused learning, the Vanguard Team will positively impact student achievement.
Pillars: Transform, Innovate, Mentor, & Support (TIMS)