November 16 - November 20, 2015
Learn Classroom Strategies and Earn EQ Time!
Dr. Victoria Miles, Director of Federal Programs, will be conducting a workshop entitled Instructional Strategies for Economically Disadvantaged Students, a 3 part series on November 18, December 2 and December 9. The workshop will focus on research based instructional strategies and methods to address the needs of economically disadvantaged students in the classroom. It is designed especially for Title I teachers/staff. It will be fun, too!
Location: Chisholm Trail Intermediate School
Hours: 2 hour sessions
North Riverside is Cracking the Code... #HourofCode
- Planning in grade level room this week.
Dates to Remember:
- November 17: Leadership Meeting
- November 18: Bilingual/ESA Meeting (TBA)
- November 19: 3rd Grade Math Common Assessment
- November 19: Horace Mann Lunch (Faculty Lounge)
- November 19: 300 Reading Strategies Book Study (Library)
- November 19: National Parent Involvement Day
- November 19: Open House ( 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.)
- November 23: EQ Day
- November 24-27: Thanksgiving Break
- November 30: PTA Meeting (6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
NRES MEETING CALENDAR
Guidance Services are available for any student throughout the year. Please use the link below to complete the form. Services may include:
- General Social Skills
- Learning Issues Impacted by Non-Related School Factors
- Classroom Academic Concerns leading to Misbehavior
- Emotional Issues
- Behavior RTI Process
- Students who have difficulty "fitting" in.
- Homeless students
NRES WEEKLY ATTENDANCE GRAPHS!
Where is Everyone This Week?
Tuesday - Oliver and Kristina (Campus) ; Jackie (AIE Conference); Kristina (Campus)
Wednesday - Oliver (Campus); Jackie (AIE Conference); Kristina (Campus)
Thursday - Kristina (Counselor Meeting @ 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. )
Friday - Jackie (Title 1 Meeting @ Heritage 9:30 a.m. )
Answer the Question, Please!
Question: If we are not having a school - wide Polar Express event in the Library. Would it be possible to have small events in our classrooms?
Answer: Yes, you may: read the book, create engaging lessons and activities around the book which include hot cocoa and pajamas.
Question: Will we be having sack lunches on Santa USA day like we did last year?
Answer: I will work with Mrs. Marlene to make arrangements.