January Tiger News
Trip to the Levi and Catharine Coffin Home
Students were able tour the Coffin House and saw beds with double mattresses between which slave hid, a secret passage behind a wall of a bedroom, and a carriage with a false bottom used to transport escaping freedom seekers. Students also learned about how life differed 100 years ago - chamber pots, outhouses, and lack of modern comforts.
The Real Deal with Lighthouse
RCS Ensemble Concerts
Vol 1 Issue #1 December 16, 2021
Highlights and Recognition
Each month we strive to meet our mission of providing a caring, challenging environment where dedicated educators prepare students academically, socially, physically and emotionally. Here are a few ways our Tigers ROARED during the month of December.
- Our students have earned over 236,000 LiveSchool points since the beginning of the school year. Our Tigers keep making positive choices each day.
- Students were able to purchase a ticket with LiveSchool points to walk to McDonalds and have lunch there.
- Board members Nicole Stults and Kristin Brunton were able to visit Test Intermediate.
- Several students were able to visit the Levi and Catharine Coffin Home in Fountain City. Students were able to tour this historic landmark and experience the refuge to freedom from many years ago.
- NWEA for the middle of the year is complete. Our students worked exceptionally hard this year and we want to thank them for their focus and dedication to learning. All students set goals and are working hard to achieve them!
- Tim Arnold, our e-Learning Specialist, made a special visit to Mrs. Miller's classroom last week to teach kids about Roanoke Island through music. Students were able to be active participants and even write their own song lyrics!
As we move into the month of January we look forward to many more positive academic and social experiences for all our Test tigers! #weRtest #tigerup
Special Thank You to Community Stakeholders
Giving to Families
Kyle Ingram from Circle U, First Presbyterian Church, and CIS have worked together to ensure that families and students do not go hungry. Stakeholders have worked endlessly to collect and organize donations.
For a complete listing of events and activities please view our school calendar located HERE.
Highlighted Events for the Month of January:
January 4 - eLearning Day for students
January 4 - Second Semester begins, Grading Period 4 begins
January 5 - Students return to the building (please return laptops and chargers)
January 17 - No School - Martin Luther King Jr Day
eLearning Day - January 4th
Students will be participating in an eLearning day on January 4th. Please follow this LINK to read our eLearning day FAQ.
- Assignments will be posted by 9 am.
- The Canvas assignment window will close two (2) days following the eLearning Day.
- Teachers will post hours in Canvas courses.
Internet Options/eLearning Day Connections
Tigers a quick reminder that there are many locations across Richmond, including Test Intermediate, that offer FREE WiFi!
Morrisson-Reeves Library has free internet available 24 hours per day from their parking lots or around the building. Additional internet sites include Downtown Richmond, Reid Hospital, McDonald’s, Burger King, Roscoe’s, Starbucks, and McAlister’s. Follow the link below for more details!
RCS Wifi @ Test Intermediate
Want updates and messages from the main office this school year? In addition to following us on FaceBook and Twitter families can also elect to sign-up for Remind. Please go to https://www.remind.com/join/a8h44h.
Canvas for Families
Richmond Community Schools uses Canvas as our learning management system. WIth an eLearning day approaching you will want to follow your student in their Canvas courses. Here is a guide to all things Canvas through RCS. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
If you have not please consider signing up for the LiveSchool app during the 2019-2020 school year. This is a critical part of our PBIS (positive behavior intervention and support ) Plan. If you are new to Test intermediate please take a moment to view this letter or the parent guide video below for important information regarding this program.