Friday Wrap Up
Prior to logging out for break and making a run for it... be sure to set your "out of office" messages on both your voicemail and email.
"Thank you for your email. Insight School of California is currently on winter break from December 21st, 2015 through January 3rd, 2016. I will return all emails when we return on January 4th."
December DDI Conferences
Our monthly conference schedule is postponed in December due to the winter holiday. To ensure that we are still looking at data and using it to drive instructional choices, please respond to the email sent by your HLT on 12/10/2015. This email provided pass rate data for your courses.
Remember to reply to your HLT AND implement your plan of action by COB Friday, December 18:
- Come up with a plan of action to motivate failing students to catch up over the winter break (use your gradebook(s) to identify specific students/failing grade bands). Respond to this email with the details of your plan – will you be sending catch up plans on an individual basis? Based on missing assignments? Based on grade bands? Will you be offering extra credit points for work completed over break? Will you be adding a catch up announcement to your course?
Quarter 2 ILPs
This is a reminder that ILPs should be completed no later than Friday, December 18. Please remember that students who already had an Initial ILP need only have an update conversation, but students who are new this quarter must have an Initial ILP.
ILP Instructions can be found in Sharepoint.
BreadCrumbs: SharePoint California Managed Schools > Teams > IS-CALA > Insight Manual > Individualized Learning Plans
Module 5 Training
Please Scan and email your completed guide to your HLT by COB on 12/18/2015
- New teachers please download : SY 15-16 New Teacher Training- Module 5
- Returning teachers please download: SY 15-16 Returning Teacher Training - Module 5
- Upon completion, please update the HAT:
Quality Online Teaching VNTSP:
Quality Online Teaching: Reporting Personal Progress:
New Teacher Training:
Section sizes have been increased for this class. There are two remaining dates for each section to meet; one in January and one in April. Since this is a multi-event classroom, when a new teacher enrolls for a section, they are enrolled for both dates. We hope everyone will attend both dates to get the most out of the class, but the minimum requirement is to attend one date with a whiteboard posting of their own progress. Directions for how to prepare the posting are in the curriculum.
Once a participant attends and posts, they should NOT cancel their enrollment, even if they aren't going to attend on the other date(s). Cancelling will remove their name from the roster and prevent the issuing of a certificate at the end of the year.
Quarter 2 Due Dates & Deadlines
Q3 Course Set-up GREEN LIGHT!
You have the official green light to begin setting up your Quarter 3 courses!! We know that the transition between quarters is always rough, so we wanted to make sure you had enough time to pace yourself with course set up in addition to your other responsibilities. Please use the attached Course Setup Checklist with our suggested timeline to ensure that all basic elements of your course are ready to go for the start of Quarter 3, and remember that detailed instructions for ALL steps can be found on the Insight NOHS Master Document (link here). Your new courses should be showing up on your NOHS homepage this morning – please let me know if there are any questions regarding your course assignments or if you do not have access.
Some SUPER IMPORTANT extra notes:
- On the checklist, you will find that you must submit a Q3 Assignment List. Your list MUST mirror the format in the example list attached to this email. If you have questions, please send yours to me for approval well before the deadline J
- Good news!! Many of you have asked if you can change your live session schedule for next quarter – a new live session schedule for quarter 3 is now located on the HAT, so please sign up at your earliest convenience!
- For anything that you have set up in a current course that you wish to copy over to your next course, I have attached a job aid on using the LOR (Learning Object Repository)
When experiencing issues within one of the Internet Browsers remember to always try the following before opening up a ticket.
· Clear your Cache
· Clear your Cookies
· Try another Browser
Note: Google Chrome does not support the most current versions of JAVA. If you are noticing you are not able to view items as before, please switch to a different browser. We have been seeing issues with viewing content in your courses within the NOHS in Google Chrome. It appears to be working fine in both IE & FireFox
HOLIDAY Break - Potential Student Catch-up Time!
- Email/Kmail blast to your HM and content students
- Weekly NOHS announcement
- Add this reminder to your Content Calendar
- Offer an incentive to students who are completely caught up in their course upon return from the break. (Extra Credit is a great incentive!)
Please share your ideas with your HLT!
Testing Window and RTO DATES
End of Quarter:
No consecutive days off January 26th – February 5th
No consecutive days off April 13th – April 20th
No consecutive days off week prior to testing window open
No days off weeks of testing (April 27th-May 31st )
No consecutive days off week following testing window close
End of Year:
No consecutive days off June 17th – June 24th
Due Dates and Reminders
Dec. 2nd-18th: Q2 ILP Update Window
Dec. 18th: Teacher Training Module 5 Due to HLT (Update HAT)
Dec. 18th: Quarter 2 - C1 - New Students - Initial ILP Due
Dec. 18th: Email Employee Attendance Card
Dec 21st-Jan 1st: Winter Break
Jan. 4th: Quarter 2 - C2 - New Students - Initial ILP Due
Jan. 12th: LP-4 Ends; (12/2/2015-1/12/2016)
Jan. 13th: LP-5 Begins (1/13/2016-2/18/2016)
Jan. 18th: Martin Luther King Day (Holiday)
Jan. 29th: Quarter 2 Gradebooks Due
Jan. 29th: Email Employee Attendance Card