OES Virtual Learning
Final Issue of 2019-2020 School Year
Our Final Week
I want to thank every single member of our Oasis Elementary community. This long list includes, but is not limited to our teachers and staff, our family members, our students, and the School District of Lee County. Every single one of you has risen to the occasion and helped contribute to the virtual learning experience, which provided a way for our students to not only continue learning, but also stay connected with our school community. Even under extreme amounts of stress, caused by these unprecedented times, your commitment to our children was steadfast. Our students may not have had the year they expected, but they learned life lessons which they will carry with them through life.
Our system is working together to be prepared for any guidelines issued from the CDC, State of Florida, and the School District of Lee County, regarding the safest way to start school in August. We will keep you informed as we get new information.
All of my best wishes to our teachers, staff, students, and their families for a safe, healthy, restorative, and joyful summer.
Final Week of School
Virtual Summer Learning Option
We are working on providing a short, virtual (Google Classroom) summer session of self-guided/parent directed activities to help our students continue their learning. It will include a blend of Moby Max, Reflex, Playlists, and Student Tutorials. If you are interested in this option, please complete this form. June 1st will be the last day we accept registrations.
Our last day of school is Wednesday, June 3rd.
2021-2022 Kindergarten Wait List Information
4th Quarter Report Cards will be available on the FOCUS dashboard next week.
Virtual Battle of the Books Winners
Winners of the 2019-2020 Oasis Elementary SSYRA Jr. Battle of the Books
Winners of the 2019-2020 Oasis Elementary SSYRA Battle of the Books
We are so proud of everyone who persevered and continued to participate in this event.
End of the Year Exchange Details
Please note the following procedures:
- Please be sure to bring the Chromebook and the charger and any library books or other school property.
- In order to maintain a safe environment, all students and their families will remain in their vehicles.
- The schedule is divided by grade level so teachers, who are able to, may come to say goodbye, as they distribute their students' items, from a safe distance.
- Each grade level time is divided up by teacher, but families may come anytime during the grade level window.
- If you have multiple children and only want to drive through the pick up once, please coordinate with your children's teachers so they can ensure all of your children's items are together.
- Some teachers will not be able to be present on your child's day. They will communicate with their class if they will not be in attendance.
- If you are unable to come during the grade level window, there is an evening time on June 4th.
Fifth grade will be our last grade level exchange and after their item exchange, their vehicles will drive around to the back of the school for a final wave goodbye from their teachers and other staff members. More details will be sent out from the 5th grade teachers.
Preparing for the 2020-2021 School Year
Bus Application for 2020-2021
Parents must complete a separate form for each child in their family requesting transportation. Deadline is end of business day (5:00 pm) on June 15, 2020 for guaranteed transportation on the first day of school. If you miss the deadline, transportation cannot be guaranteed for the first two weeks of school.
Open House and 2020-2021 Calendar
Open House for OES will be Thursday, August 6th, from 5:00-7:00 PM. A more detailed schedule, broken down by grade level times, will be provided over the summer.
Uniforms and Dress Code
It would be very helpful, if these forms were printed, completed, and returned on the June 4th/5th Exchange Day. For more Clinic information, please visit our Clinic Forms page.