Co- founder of Netflix
Santa Cruz, California
- Chairman/ CEO at Netflix
- Board Member; Facebook, Kipp Foundation, Pahara Institute, Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley, Dreambox, California Charter Schools Association, Microsoft
- President of California State Board of Education
- CEO- Pure software
- Software Engineer- Network Equipment Technologies, Coherent Thought.
- Member Technical Staff; Schlumberger Palo Alto Research.
- Lisp Instructor Assistant; Symbolics
- Math Teacher
- 1960- Born
- 1978- Graduated High School
- 1982 -
- He attended a private college (Bowdoin) which is where he got his degree
- He then joined the peace corps and then went to Swaziland and had thought math for 3 years.
- He came back to America and earned his graduate degree in computer science from the university of Stanford.
- 1988- Reed entered Marine corps officer training through their Platoon Leader class he he spend in the summer of 1981 at Quantico, Virginia.
- 1991- Reed got his first employment at Adaptive Technology which he later on quit to start his own company "Pure Software" which surprisingly grew rapidly.
- 1997- He eventually found Netflix, Inc. He has been the chairman, CEO and President since September in 1997 and July, 1999.
Description of the product that the entrepreneur created
Netflix is a video rental and distribution company that can be used online on any electronic device if Netflix is available or allowed in the device.
Brittannica.com, Mercurynews.com, Famous- Entrepreneurs.com, linked.com, timecoast.com