October 27th, 2016
Dear Parents and eNews Subscribers,
Welcome to the Hughston Elementary eNews. Here's what's happening at Hughston!
In this issue.......
- MILITARY PICTURES NEEDED
- FIELD DAY INFO
- MENU FOR THE WEEK
- PTA DIRECTORY AND MEMBERSHIP
- YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27th
- Cranialogix - 2:45 - 4:00 p.m.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27th
- Mustang Chorale - 7:00 a.m.
- Field Day and Balloon Launch
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31st
- Palette Pals - 5th Grade - 2:45 - 3:50 p.m.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1st
- Picture Retakes
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4th
- Mustang Chorale - 7:00 a.m.
MILITARY PICTURES NEEDED
On Tuesday, November 15, 2nd grade will be honoring United States veterans as part of their grade level Veteran’s Day performance. For this tribute, I would like to create a PowerPoint showing pictures of Hughston family members that have served in the military, but I can’t do that without your help! Please click the link below for the submission form and for more information:
FIELD DAY INFO
Field Day is scheduled for Tomorrow, Friday, October 28st. The students are very excited about it. Last year was another wonderful Field Day from an injury/illness standpoint. You did a wonderful job preparing your child for the outdoor activities, and I would like to encourage you to do it again. Please keep an eye on the forecast. A variation in temperature means that your child will be most comfortable in layers of clothing that can be added or removed as needed.
Please help us take precautions for your children by doing the following:
1. Encourage them to drink plenty of water, both at home and at school. Even though the temperature may be cooler, they will be more comfortable if they are well hydrated.
2. All clothing should be marked with his/her name in it. Things can get lost, so do not send irreplaceable items with your child.
3. Have your child wear the Field Day T-shirt purchased by the PTA.
4. Send a water bottle to school with the child’s name on it. The water fountains are always available for the students to use.
5. Have your child wear tennis shoes on Field Day to prevent foot injuries.
6. In case the weather permits water games or in the event of muddy conditions, an extra T-shirt and pants, with the child’s name in them, will allow your child to be more comfortable when he or she comes back in the building.
7. Parent volunteers are required to have completed the background check at least three days before Field Day. They may then check-in at the Office to get their ID badge. Parent Volunteers will then proceed to the playground on the west side of the building to receive instructions and assignment schedule.
8. To help with safety, all parents/friends who are planning on watching field day activities are also required to register in the Office to receive a name badge that must be worn while on the playground/park areas.
9. Field Day events are scheduled for Kindergarten, First and Second Grades from 8:45 AM to 11:00 AM. Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades are scheduled for Field Day events from 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM.
10. To accommodate the events schedule, the lunch schedule is different on Field Day.
10:45 – 11:15 Third
11:00 – 11:30 Fourth
11:15 – 11:45 Fifth
11:30 – 12:00 Kindergarten
11:50 – 12:20 First
12:20 – 12:50 Second
11. Our make-up date is Monday, October 31st.
The primary concern of our staff is your child and his/her safety. We look forward to a fun day of enjoyable exercise for all of our students!
Ben Pirillo - PE Coach & Marsha Burger, R.N. - School Nurse
MENU FOR THE WEEK OF OCT. 31st
PTA MEMBERSHIP AND DIRECTORY
Friday 10/27 is your last chance to be a part of the Hughston PTA directory! The only way to have your name in the PTA directory is to be a PTA member. Joining is easy! Just log on to www.hughstonpta.org. Membership is $13 or $16 for a joint membership. Membership money goes right back to our students!
YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST!
The Hughston PTA is looking for an artist to design the Yearbook cover! All students are encouraged to participate in the Yearbook Cover Contest. The winner will have their artwork on the cover of the 2016-2017 Hughston Yearbook and will receive a free Yearbook! All finalists will have their artwork on the back cover. All participants will be featured inside the yearbook. Entries are due by November 17th. For rules and details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or see the flyer that went home in Thursday folders.
Thank you for subscribing to the Hughston eNews. Parents must now register for our eNews and MyPISD.net through Parent Portal. All other subscribers may register by going to http://elist.pisd.edu/, or by clicking on the eNews link on the Hughston homepage below.
If you have any comments, suggestions or submissions, please email me at Linda.Czechowski@pisd.edu
Hughston CTA and eNews Editor