Not Thinking Ahead!
GOALS BY: Taylor Barlow
Why Its Hard For Teenagers to Make Goals
Its hard for them to make goals because.....
- Some young kids have no idea what they want to do in life.
- They are not sure what's out there for them.
- They may set goals but not be serious about them because of their age.
- Don't think they have to worry about thier goals even though they may want to acheive them.
- Many teenagers don't care.
- They don't want to take the steps to acheive the goal because "its too much work".
- Teen's don't understand the importance of goal setting.
- They think social media and thier friends and popularity is all they are going to need in life.
- They don't take goals seriously because of the simple fact they have not a clue how the real world is espicecially in the work force.
- It doesn't matter to them.
- They may not know how to set goals.
- Teen's don't know how to develop a plan.
More Information On Why They Don't Set Goals.
Adolescents don’t make goals because some don’t even know what they want to do in life for their future and if they don’t know what they want to do or if they are not sure about what they want to do, their not going to know what goals to set or steps to take to know how to reach their goals. They may need help with finding out what they want to do in the future and some adolescents don’t think ahead!
Teenagers need to understand:
The process of goal setting includes learning how to develop a plan, how to measure your progress, how to stay positive and focused, how to overcome roadblocks and the importance of taking action. Goal setting is a character education function that helps teenagers set their priorities and gives them a path for future success.