March 5, 2018
A Principal's Perspective
Since this message is full of Family Night and Rodeo information, I am not including a message. Please take time to read all of the details in this message for the busy, upcoming weeks. Spring Break? Hang on! It is coming!
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties for the Week
Gym & Morning Assembly (7:20-7:45): Seagraves
Gym (7:20-7:45): Galow
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:55): Littlefield
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:55): Eddy & Brice
Cafeteria (7:20-8:00): Bartosh
Bus (7:15 - 7:55 Buses/ Car Drop Off after all buses arrive): McMurry
Counselor Schedule: - Kinder & 1st - Caring & Fairness
Week at a Glance
Monday: TELPAS Reading in Library 2nd-4th ESL Students; GP Choir 3:05-4:00; GP Leadership Team Meeting 3:00-4:00
Tuesday: Imagineers Art Club @ 7:30 am TELPAS Reading in Library 2nd-4th ESL Students; 3rd Grade OPAS @ 10:00; GP Tech Training at 3:30-4:15
Wednesday: Wear jeans if attended Tuesday Tech Training; GP New Teachers Meeting 3:30-4:30
Thursday: 2nd Grade Musical 8:30 3rd & 4th, 2:00 Kinder & 1st; REACH & Chess Club 3:15-4:15; Future Family Night 6:00-7:30 (Participating? Wear jeans & black polo Thursday); Math CBM #2 3rd
Friday: End of 3rd Nine Weeks
News & Notes
- Ready to TWEET in March? Tweet happenings in your classroom 3 times during the month of March and wear jeans on Tweet Tuesday, APRIL 3rd (note date change). Don't forget to use the hashtag #SuccessCSISD and the handle @greensprairie Share your story of the great things happening at GP!
- SeeSaw app CSISD Stats: https://assets.seesaw.me/infographic/a/3/b/0/f/a3b0f6260aca8248bbef415567c7b2db.png
- DATA & SIT Rescheduled: So that teams do not have to meet right before spring break, I would like to reschedule DATA & SIT. SIT will be cancelled for March. We will have a SIT meeting in April. If you have a need to discuss a student in March, please see Wilkerson. DATA team will be scheduled for March 22 Team A & 23rd Team B.
- Clarification on Jeans: With the spirit of portraying a professional image, I want to clarify the dress code for jeans. Jeans that are distressed are fine. Jeans that have holes in them where skin is showing on the pant leg is not considered professional.
- Campus Safety: We will have one more drill that is a lock down/secure the building drill. This will be initiated by a Remind on cell phones that will say ALERT, ALERT and then a message AND by the walkie talkies on channel 2. In Campus Council, we discussed that classrooms will have their walkie talkies on channel 2 at all times. Recess & Duty: Both Channels 1 & 2 Also, please make sure all outside doors are closed. This is especially important in the morning after morning assembly and after school.
Rodeo is just around the corner - Saturday, March 24th, from 10:00-3:00! Rodeo is our school's main fundraiser. How can you help?
- Send home any PTO Rodeo flyers/information.
- Communicate with your parents to encourage attendance.
- Volunteer for a shift.
- Attend and have fun!
- Bake an item for the dessert table. Desserts will be sold outside - so no required refrigeration. Bake an item - wear jeans March 26-March 29th!
- Judge the cupcake wars. Yum!
- Pie in Face - All teachers & admin will have a collection jar. Top 5 will be pied. If you absolutely do not want to be considered, let me know.
- Send parents the GP Rodeo T-Shirt link below. Please include the information about registering that is below the link.
Want a GP Rodeo Shirt? Please see link below. Deadline to order is midnight, March 11th.
***Important note- You MUST log in, or register, on the website to get to the order form. For new users, it is a quick process, and all of your personal I formation can be kept private (and not placed in the directory) by you electing to do so. If you are not logged in, you will get an error. Simply scroll down and complete the log in process and you will go straight to the order form.
Future Family Night: Thursday, March 8th, 6:00-7:30
Details of Future Family Night
When: March 8, 2018, 6-7:30 - Please arrive by 5:30 to help set up and prepare.
Sign in Table: We need one person to welcome folks and direct them to sign in. We want to collect prospective student's name, family contact name and email address from all visitors. Need to make the sign in sheets for this table (Casey).
Staff: Melanie Marshall & Amy Eppes
Kinder & First:
Attendance - All Kinder and first teachers.
4 classrooms open to guests. Classroom teacher will welcome guests, answer questions, and have a simple engaging activity for student guests that you DO want them to do. You might also have something up on your smartboard that shows something you taught that day- or just project something with the ladybug. This will show our technology integration. Remember on this night, no need to go overboard! Simple and engaging is the key.
2 Kinder and 1st grade teachers in pod. Direct families to open classrooms, answer questions, encourage families to view the pod slideshow, etc
2 teachers (K) 1 Teacher (1st)- in hallway close to pod to direct traffic, answer questions, welcome families, etc.
2nd - 4th:
Attendance: 4 grade level teachers
Two rooms (1 Math & 1 ELA) will be an "open house" in each grade level. Classroom teacher will welcome guests and answer questions. May want to have an engaging activity for students. You might have something up on your smartboard that shows something you taught that day- or just project something with the ladybug. This will show our technology integration. Remember on this night, no need to go overboard! Simple and engaging is the key.
1 teacher in hallway close to pod to direct traffic, answer questions, and welcome families.
1 teacher in pod to direct families to open classrooms, answer questions, encourage families to view the pod slideshow.
Needs: Each grade level rep will develop a grade level slideshow to play ongoing during the event.
Each CAMP teacher will be in their classroom to answer questions. Ruth will be in gym to have current/former GP students demonstrating the Dash & Dot robots. Janna will be in gym to answer PE questions. Amber? will be in music room to answer questions and show the music slideshow. Christian demonstrating something? Pottery Wheel? Or other demo. Computer lab will be open for online registration.
Computer lab open for families needing / wanting to register online. Casey & Kathryn will be set up to pull up infosnap of folks that have registered and print off the documents needed in the computer lab. They will then take the documents to the front office. Jessica will be in the office to make copies and complete the folders as much as possible. We will not check immunizations on this night, just copy them and put them in the folders.
PTO Table: PTO has been invited to participate and answer parent questions.
Table located in main hallway under the student/teacher tile collage.
After School Clubs: Joshua Rhine will be at this table to talk about after school clubs. If you have an after school club, we need pictures to make a poster. Please send pics to me and I can make the poster. Pictures needed by Tuesday of next week.
Table located in main hallway under the art snake.
Science Lab & Enrichment: Vicki Murphy will be in her classroom to answer any enrichment questions. Science Lab open manned by Patti Bartosh. Vicki Murphy is making a slideshow of science lab activities. Science Pod will be manned by Michelle Prukop demonstrating the VR goggles.
Schoolwide Enrichment Table: Manned by Jennie Fortner. Poster will be on table. Activities such as Dinosaur George, snow day, 100 day, UIL, Spelling Bee, Talent Show, etc. Donna will make poster.
Located in main hallway by Brain Games bulletin board.