July 12, 2021
As you will see in the important dates, Porpoise club will be on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-6:30 starting September 20 and will go until October 13. Those in the beginner and intermediate groups are encouraged to attend this as we work on stroke technique for each of the strokes.
Blue Wave Swim Team's winter season will begin on October 18. More information will be coming regarding when to register and times of practice.
- July 12: Last date to sign up for July 17 swim meet
- July 13 Practices:
~ 6:45 Practice - YES
~ 8:30 Practice - YES
~ 5:00 Practice - NO
- July 13: Swim Meet in Marshalltown
4:00 pm - Doors Open
4:30 pm - Warm-ups
5:30 pm - Meet starts
**All parents with swimmers competing are expected to help out.
- July 17: Swim Meet in Marshalltown
8:00 am - Doors Open
8:30 am - Warm ups
10:00 am - Meet Starts
- Sept. 20 - Oct. 13: Porpoise Club
Registration for Porpoise Club will be in begin in early September. Porpoise Club is on Monday and Wednesdays from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- October 18: Winter Swim Team Starts
You will be notified when you may register for this.
Facebook Page - Click on the link to be taken to our Facebook. We use this page to help with announcements and news items.
YouTube Channel - Click on the link to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. This is the channel that we use to livestream our meets.
Remind App: We will also start using the Remind App. Please sign up for messages using this code: @9d4bh2. You can also sign up by using this link: https://www.remind.com/join/9d4bh2
Swim Meet Sign-up
We encourage each swimmer to attend and participate each swim meet. However, it is not mandatory for them to do so. We do ask your cooperation in good communication between the coaching staff on whether you will be involved in swim meets. This includes:
- declaring yes or no on the team website by the deadline.
- emailing or calling if something has happened and you are no longer able to attend a swim meet or are running late.
- Go to www.bluewaveswimteam.com and sign in.
- Click on the events tab to find the meet.
- Once you have the meet click on the button that says edit commitment.
- Click on the swimmers name and select yes or no on the drop down.
- If you select yes, eligible events will pop up. Select 2 individual events for the summer.
- Click save changes
Coaches will select the relays based on the swimmers swimming the meet. Every attempt will be made to include all swimmers in the relays. Swimmers are allowed to swim in 2 relay events and 2 individual events.
How to Write on Your Swimmer
Aquatics Director/Head Coach: Shelley Lechnir
Summer Swim Team Coaches: Angie Nelson, Emily Vest, Isaac Fredrick, Leah Barkema, Heather Pals, Dee Norton, Erin Stanley, Klaudia Hernandez, Kristi Souksaengmany