Weekly notes from Ms. Welch, CST
Week of 8.22.16
Aug. 29 - New Teacher check in 3-3:30pm Collab room
Aug. 30 - PLC meetings
Aug. 31 - Picture Day (yearbook)
Aug. 31 - RTI Training grades K,1,2,3,4,5 planning
Aug. 31 - Curriculum Night 6:00-8:00pm
Sept. 2 - PBL Training 7:30am -no school for students
Sept. 5 - Labor Day No School
Ditch the Desk & Flexible Learning Spaces
Photos of flexible space ideas:
The Benefits of Proximity Control
Not only is using proximity control free and easy, but it helps sustain some important components in your classroom.
- It preserves student’s dignity and confidence. When you stop class to “call out” a student in front of their peers, this is a stressful and embarrassing experience to undergo as a student.
- It redirects students in a respectful and effective way. This method reinforces fairness and respect for students, adjusting their behavior with a positive sense of presence rather than a negative use of words.
- It maintains your flow of work or instruction. Instead of hitting the pause button and momentarily distracting the class with a reprimand, proximity control redirects individual students without disrupting the current focus of the class.
- It helps you know what’s going on. Not only does being close to students redirect them, but you can acquire a firsthand over-the-shoulder view of what students are engaged with throughout your room.
- It reinforces the standards of your classroom. Similar to when drivers start braking their cars when a cop passes by, all students within the sphere of your proximity commit a quick self-assessment to determine how their current behavior aligns with the stated expectations.
Read the full article here: http://www.teachhub.com/classroom-management-tips-using-proximity-control
View videos on Edivate:
Tech and Training?
Are you interested in serving on the Tech & Training (Professional Development) Committe? We would meet each month (or as needed) to come up with a plan to meet our staff's professional development needs in an out of the box, personalized way. If you are interested in serving on the committe, please notify me! A survey will come out soon to find out your interests and/or professional needs for this year.