Activision Blizzard Inc.
- Activision Blizzard Entertainment was founded in 1979 by Michael Morhaime.
- The current CEO is Robert A. Kotick
- Activision Blizzard Entertainment also owns Sierra Entertainment.
- The company is a gaming company. Its top competitor is Nintendo.
Factors of Production
- Activision Blizzard company has made games like Call of Duty 1, 2, and 5, Destiny, and World of Warcraft.
- The company employs 6,800 people.
- The company's net worth is $817,000,000
In 2011 there was a major profit loss, which was most likely because they lost some of their subscribers for world of warcraft. World of Warcraft or WOW as the gaming community calls it, is a game that requires a 15 dollar monthly subscription. There was no new WOW game in 2011. Instead Activision Blizzard inc. came out with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. Although it's a very popular game it isn't as profitable as WOW
- Company symbol: ATVI. The company exchanges on NASDAQ.
- The 52 week low came in October at 18.21 which followed its 52 week high in September of 24.02. Today it is at 23.15.
- There are 3,723,924 shares of ATVI currently.
- The company pays a .23 dividend.
- The company last paid dividends on March 15, 2013
- Piper Jaffray reaffirms love for video game industry as software sales rise 7%.
2 Recent Articles
- Wedbush says that Activision and Blizzard have exceeded their goals in the previous years and are on track to do it again. He also says that Activision Blizzard is expected to announce the release of Starcraft in June.
- Activision Blizzard reported solid fourth quarter results on Thursday, in line with estimates on the revenue front, and slightly ahead on EPS. However, the guidance for 2015 was relatively weak, both on revenue and EPS. A report issued by Barclays on Friday attributed the soft guidance largely “to unfavorable trends in FX and a higher expected tax rate.” says Barclays.
- I think this means that the stock prices will remain at a steady rise. The company might have a slight rise with the release of Starcraft.
With this Information
- With this new information I still won't invest in it. Even though they're on the rise, I don't think I'll make that much by the end of the year.
- I've lost about 3,000 dollars so far, but will probably win because I asked the stock gods nicely to let me win.
- I've learned you have to go big or go home when investing in stocks. Investing in nothing won't get you anywhere.