Mrs. Merk's Mail
May 11, 2017
Classroom News & Events
Well it's official this is the last newsletter for the year! I want to say thank you for sharing your child with me this school year. It's been a joy watching them all learn and grow. I hope all of you have a safe and happy summer. Also there is an orange letter coming home about field day. Please send your child in comfy clothes and comfy shoes. NO flip flops, boots, or dress shoes. There is lots of running, jumping, and moving. Also some of the activities involve water so feel free to send a towel with your child.
Also tomorrow on Friday May 12 we are going to celebrate Dr. Wilson's retirement at our monthly spirit assembly. If possible please have your child wear blue because that is Dr. Wilson's favorite color and our class created a good bye poster for her. We just wanted to do something special to wish her well on her next chapter.
Here are a few up coming days to remember:
- May 12th is the last day for Boys and Girls Club this school year. There will be no "before or after school" care after this date. Please make appropriate transportation arrangements for your child.
- May 15 is the last day to charge lunches and field day!
- May 17 is 5th grade promotion, 6PM at the Miller Center.
- May 18 is last day, dismissal at 12 noon.
- Please check lost and found to see if any of your missing items are there! All items left behind will be donated to charity after school is out.