What is water?

How can we help it? By: Joel Kentel

Big image

Types of Above Gound Water Sources

Water is in many forms, it can be in rivers, swamps/ponds, lakes and the largest, oceans, but locally you will only be able to find rivers, ponds, and lakes.
Big image

Rivers

Rivers are constantly moving, the water hits the banks and starts chipping away the banks slowly making the river wider and it will eventually change location.
Big image

Water is Important for Farming

Water picks up dirt, and silt and dumps in onto the shore, which makes great land for farming, it also soaks into the ground which is amazing for plants. When the first settlers came to the Okanagan they set up camp near rivers, for many reasons.
Big image

Travel

The fist settlers that came to the Okanagan by boat, but travelling by boat is less popular for travelling long distances for people now, but moving materials is very common now.
Big image

Sacred Water

1500 years ago when the Okanagan First Nation came, they believed that the water was sacred and that it is very powerful, and it could take you life away very easily.
Big image

Water Level

Water levels change every year. In the last winter there was lots of snow, so in the spring when all the snow is melting into the rivers, they will have a very high water level. Rivers will always start in the mountains and mostly have a natural spring, so they don't dry up in the summer months.
Big image

River Speed

With all the water travelling down the river, the water races down washing down anything in its way. The river gets very dangerous at this time, but not all rivers will get to fast.
Big image

In Our Lives

Water is in our daily lives, and we don't think about it to much. It is something that we need to drink to survive. It is important to drink 8 cups of water per day, or else it could cause damage to your body.
Big image

How Much is Left

In the world today we have 97% salt water and the remaining 3% is fresh, but it is not all drinkable.2% of the fresh water is frozen, so we are left with 1% of fresh water that isn't frozen.
Big image

In Our Future

More and more water is being used right now but, in our future it is expected that we will be having a drought. Unless we fine a way to clean pouted water, to make it clan and drinkable.